Creamy and tangy. And receive a FREE ebook - "How to Raise a Healthy Little Foodie". I'm a mom and registered dietitian with a passion to help parents create a home environment where they can raise healthy kids! Required fields are marked *. A great snack to make in a hurry too! Spread one tablespoon of peanut butter onto one side of 8 slices of bread. Great! When my kids and I became gluten-free over a decade ago, the options for sandwich bread were dismal. Apple and Peanut Butter Sandwich brings the melted goodness of peanut butter with tangy and crisp apples together in one bite. Who need bread?! Required fields are marked *. Recipe by Baby Chevelle. Serve immediately. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Peanut-Apple Butter Sandwich. It is true that opposites attract! Easy Gluten-Free. read about the benefits of cooking with kids here, Christmas Apple and Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Different kinds of nut butter /nut-free alternatives (sunflower seed butter, tahini), Take your time slicing the apples, don’t rush this part! Beauty is in simplicity. Apple peanut butter sandwiches are a delicious way to enjoy loads of wholesome ingredients without bread! Place shredded coconut in a shallow bowl and slowly dip all sides of the apple sandwich in the coconut until the outside is evenly coated. Add more or less peanut butter to suit taste. The Lemon Bowl® is a registered trademark of Liz Della Croce LLC. Your email address will not be published. Even if you don’t have kiddos, it’s still something that you’re going to love. Slice cored apples ¼ of an inch thick and lay slices in an even layer on a cutting board. Slice your apples. Another fun fact: 40% of all Michigan apples are eaten fresh and the remaining 60% is processed into other foods like applesauce, apple butter, and, of course, apple cider. And receive this FREE ebook - "How to Raise a Healthy Little Foodie", Easy and delicious. Ying and yang. Natural peanut butter usually needs to be stirred in order to achieve the right consistency. Thank you! Make sure to use the same shape on the matching apple pair. Related Posts: Spread half of the apple slices with a little peanut butter then top with a second apple slice. Over time we’ve stepped up the sandwiches to also include other ingredients too. I love to see what your cooking from the blog! When you are trying to decide which peanut butter to buy, it really comes down to texture, cost, and if you prefer your peanut butter without any additives. Spread half of the apple slices with a little peanut butter then top with a second apple slice. These Apple Peanut Butter Sandwiches are fun and easy to make! Hover over "serves" value to reveal recipe scaler, (oats, rasins, crushed nuts, coconut, choc chips etc). Your email address will not be published. Naturally gluten-free, these handheld bites are such a fun treat that kids and adults will love. This web site runs on 100% wind and solar energy. Thanks to the peanut butter inside, one apple "sandwich" will fill you up well and will provide you with the energy needed for morning. Not only is it tasty but it’s simple to make and it’s a great after school snack! This recipe was created for Dixie Crystals by BigBear’sWife, post and words written are 100% mine as always. Conventional peanut butter doesn’t separate and stays together no matter what temperature you store it at. Spread a bit of peanut butter on each apple slice, sprinkle with finely chopped nuts or raisins, and cover with the other apple slice. Home » Recipes » Main Dishes » Apple Peanut Butter Sandwiches, LAST UPDATED: July 1, 2018 • FIRST PUBLISHED: August 3, 2016 By Toni Dash - 30 Comments. Yes absolutely! This site uses cookies for tracking and ads. Not only do sweet, crunchy apple slices taste amazing with creamy peanut butter but it also makes a complete snack. Read more, Receive family friendly recipes, delivered weekly to your inbox, for FREE! This makes it a WW approved snack too! If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. When you say peanut butter sandwich, it is almost like something is missing. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Required fields are marked *. The peanut butter is absolutely delicious and new to Walmart in-stores. I’m the recipe developer, photographer and voice behind Healthy Little Foodies. My favorite one was the apple and peanut butter sandwich – super cute. This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. Apples and peanut butter are the best…how have I never thought to turn it into sandwiches?? With an emphasis on healthy eating and living, Liz’s recipes and food photography have been featured in various publications including the cover of Women’s World magazine, Good Housekeeping, Shape, Real Simple, Cosmopolitan, Food Network Blog, Huffington Post, TODAY Food, Foodgawker, and The Cooking Channel. Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding, Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie. Natural peanut butter also tends to be a bit grainier than conventional—even if it’s “creamy.” The natural separation is more likely to occur if you store peanut butter at room temperature. August 13, 2012 | Now that it is not 100+ degrees out on a everyday basis, I find myself craving bits of fall. Cover with remaining 2 apple slices. The Best Apple Butter Sandwich Recipes on Yummly | Smoked Gouda And Apple Butter Sandwich, Harvest Ham Sandwich, Peanut-apple Butter Sandwich Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich just kind of rolls off the tongue. If you make this recipe, snap a picture and share it on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #bigbearswife —. As far as nutrition differences go this is how they stack up against each other: Surprisingly they are very similar nutritionally speaking. It has positive effects on lowering blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases, and heart attacks. It really goes well with a lot of different foods. Apples (This recipe is all about the creamy, sweet and salty peanut butter with crispy, tangy fresh apples). Eat these apple “sandwiches” with just peanut butter or add in all sorts of treats like chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, honey, oats, or raisins. Arrange apple slices on 4 slices of bread.