Rack. Stir gently, and place back into secondary fermentor. (If you do not have a press to press the juice out of your apples you can put your cut up apples into a nylon straining bag and press the juice out through the mesh as they ferment. An 8-gallon bucket will hold, Around midday today I’ll be adding the next important ingredients, Sassy Homemade Wine – Apple Wine from Fresh Apples, Cranberry Sauce with Ruby Port and Cinnamon, Slow Cooker (or not) Apple Stuffing / Dressing, View all posts by Stacy (the Random Cool Chick), Upcoming Birthdays and Random Funnies: Random Tuesday Thoughts. Used it on pears as well. In addition to that wine kit, I have another one that I just ordered (it arrived Friday): I enjoy a good Shiraz, so I’m looking forward to seeing how this White Shiraz turns out. Your Trusted Source for Winery, Cider, Distilling Equipment & Supplies. I sanitized it and it’s ready to go: Now there’s room for it to expand while it ferments. Keep doing this until your wine is clear. Stir your batch every day and check the Specific Gravity with your Hydrometer. book to mark milestones, so this was the next best thing. The best apple wine I made I just brought the apples to the boil no simmering added sugar..cooled then added yeast.. Julie, do you leave the skins on thru the fermenting? Of course it needs to be covered during this stage, but not air tight, so I covered it with a sanitized  dish towel: I wanted to make sure the towel stays in place, so I needed to secure it somehow. It depends on what apple's you process. This will take about 3 weeks. 504 is Happening; Halloween is almost here; Random Funnies: Random Tuesday Thoughts. Maybe you could do a post on where you get your boundless energy. Let sit overnight (24 hours). I have been searching on here for hours, is there a recipe for apple wine that uses only fresh fruit? Living on The Climb – How Dare You Love when People Are Crazy? Then I wait 24hours for particles to go down in the barrel. That is absolutely amazing, I don't know how you do it and then on top of that you do a long post on it! If I miss fresh apple season, I will be totally bummed. result. It is easy to drink and does not remind you of a headache the next day. Was the blackberry merlot a kit wine? I dunno, apple wine sounds pretty good, even for someone who doesn't drink wine. LOL! Here we go… I washed all the apples and got ready to chop them up: See that slicer/corer thingy? I assume that means it is still fermenting and not ready to transfer to the carboy…..or perhaps I am growing zombies. Smooth and round with notable strawberry flavor and a suggestion of tropical fruit. Attach your airlock and wait for your fermentation to be complete. That stuff is dangerous! You will wait about 2 months and then siphon your wine off the sediment again. What I adore about blogs is which they spark an concept in my brain. You really don't need a recipe. Jack Keller's site offers some recipes for apple wine using fresh apples that you could use as another source for consideration. Love the bandaid pic. How do you find the time?Sounds awesome. This guy dominates apples with the garbage disposal. Rack every three months until one year old. Now you will siphon your wine off of the sediment into your secondary container which is usually your glass carboy. So I have another wine kit to start: Bourgeron Blanc is also known as ‘White Burgundy’ – I’m curious to see how it turns out. I ended up transferring that wine into champagne bottles, but have to say, the sparkling apple wine turned out to be the best batch yet! Which means with the four bags of apples, I’ll get 4 gallons of wine (a bit less during the racking process, since we’ll lose some of the liquid when leaving sediment behind). See that slicer/corer thingy? If you freeze the apples you would not need to run them thru a disposal, they are very soft at this point and all you need to do is press. And I'm going to post about your wine this week. Siphon into secondary fermentor and attach airlock. In about 3 - 5 days your S.G. should reach 1.040. I am so impressed that you make your own wine. Finings: 1/2 teaspoon per 5 gallons or as per package directions. Brilliant and talented, but insane nonetheless. Lifesaver! forgo the career and stay home was a no-brainer. I've used a garbage disposal to process apples. I really want to see it…! Homemade wine…one thing I have yet to attempt. They will get soft so keep squeezing periodically.). I press them in home made press after chopping. LOL. If you want to make a wine from fresh apples, I would quarter the apples, freeze them for a few days, take them out of the freezer, once they are defrosted then will be mushy so much easier to press. I would think it would be too small holes and difficult to get the apples through. All other ingredients are the same. Are you SURE you got a boo boo and didn't just want to use the Hello Kitty band aid? Stir into wine. Add 1/2 cup sugar dissolved in 1 cup wine. Bring to a boil to dissolve. Put your juice into your Primary Fermenter and add your crushed Campden Tablet and Pectic Enzyme. Woman, you are insane. Wow, you inspire me. I could drink it like chocolate milk lol! Election Week with Random Funnies: that’s what Random Tuesday is all about…. I have been following your directions for the apple wine. We find about a pound of sugar per gallon of juice works. and grapes. Use wine finings or plain gelatin. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. INGREDIENTS: (for a one gallon batch of apple wine), Starting Specific Gravity (S.G.) - 1.085 - 1.090, Wash and sort your apples. I'm thinking this is really going to be a tasty batch. Edited to add: The ‘less than .1% potassium sorbate’ didn’t stop fermentation at all – so no worries when you use that cider to top up. Cut your apples into smaller pieces and press the juice from your apples. Gelatin: use 1 teaspoon per 6 gallons of wine. Worked great. JavaScript is disabled. DO NOT increase amount of gelatin or finings.