Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. In such cases we have the opportunity of putting our religion to the test; and, by every such test, it receives the deeper sterling stamp. Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. A very great power is sin, a power dark, mysterious, baleful, but full of force. But that peace …Alexander Maclaren—Romans, Corinthians (To II Corinthians, Chap. and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness. One word in Christianity that is not emphasized enough is perseverance. He has also promised to always be there for us in times of tribulations. Sometimes, life can get complicated and take unexpected turns. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. We must remind ourselves that we must face tribulations, and when we do, we must rejoice in the lord. Let’s take a look at 5 examples of perseverance in the Bible and see what they can teach us. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. 19 Bible verses about evil and evil doers (Scriptures), 19 Bible Verses About Persecutions and Being Hated. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, whom having not seen you love. Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in perseverance. King James Bible And patience, experience; and experience, hope: Darby Bible Translation and endurance, experience; and experience, hope; For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised. Last updated on June 26th, 2020 at 05:19 ameval(ez_write_tag([[728,90],'faithfulchristian_net-box-3','ezslot_1',104,'0','0'])); Sometimes, we are faced with insurmountable challenges that affect our faith, We are not sure what steps to take or who to run to for help. V), While man is in this condition Jesus interposes for his salvation. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. And they came near, and put their feet upon the necks of them…, 1 Samuel 17:34-37 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: …, Psalm 27:2,3 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell…. V), For whom did Christ Die?While man is in this condition Jesus interposes for his salvation. The sorrows of mankind, whence came they but from sin? In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Now you followed my teaching, conduct, purpose, faith, patience, love, perseverance. Yet, even in the face of persecution, he remembered God and prayed.eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'faithfulchristian_net-box-4','ezslot_8',110,'0','0'])); Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. 2 Corinthians 1:4-6 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God…, 2 Corinthians 4:8-12 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; …, Joshua 10:24,25 And it came to pass, when they brought out those kings unto Joshua, that Joshua called for all the men of Israel, and said unto the captains of the men of war which went with him, Come near, put your feet upon the necks of these kings. strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously. Confidence and faith in God is an indispensable quality of a Christian. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. We should have known no war, nor pestilence, nor famine, nor would aught of sickness or sorrow ever have smitten. But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved. --Romans 5:20. If You Love Me Keep My Commandments: What Did Jesus Christ Mean? “Do not fear their threats[a]; do not be frightened. The sorrows of mankind, whence came they but from sin? 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints. Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? Note then, especially, that also which sends us back to the previous clause, and tells us that our text adds something to what was spoken of there. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been … God always blesses us when we keep his commandments. May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ. If we do this, there is a blessing that comes with it. God uplifts us when we follow his ways. James the apostle of Jesus Christ is saying; we must endure temptations when tried. 1 Thessalonians 5:9. 1. So, do not despair, stay strong and remain steadfast in Christ. "When we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly"; "while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us," according to "his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses and sins." Even in the midst of temptations from the devil and his wife, he refused to sin because he understood that God would make a way when there seem to be none. Romans 15:4 For whatever things were written aforetime were written for our learning... 2 Corinthians 1:4-6 Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble... 2 Corinthians 4:8-12 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair... 2 Corinthians 6:9,10 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed... James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endures temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life... 1 Peter 1:6,7 Wherein you greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, you are in heaviness through manifold temptations... 1 Peter 5:10 But the God of all grace, who has called us to his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, make you perfect... Joshua 10:24,25 And it came to pass, when they brought out those kings to Joshua, that Joshua called for all the men of Israel... 1 Samuel 17:34-37 And David said to Saul, Your servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock... Psalm 27:2,3 When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came on me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell... Psalm 42:4,5 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God... Psalm 71:14,18-24 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise you more and more... 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair... 2 Timothy 4:16-18 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge... Access into GraceBy whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.'