When God created humans, he designed us to live in families. 15 Scriptures For Get Well Soon Cards, What Does The Bible Say About Fake Christians? 15 Scriptures To Help With Hopelessness Z. Not my will, but your will Lord. If you have ever watched an award ceremony many people say, “God comes first.” But many times it was wickedness that got them that award. N I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit. Outdo one another in showing honor. That is your god. ‣ ‣ Just type in your email address below. Pray for more passion and love for Him. 20 Reasons To Obey The Lord ‣ Seek to glorify Him in all that you do. Do you want to put God first in your marriage? What Does The Bible Say About Haters? What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality? What Does The Bible Say About Haters? Revelation 2:4 “But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.”. My husband and I have been on a debt-free journey ever since we got married. What Does The Bible Say About God's Love? This plan includes 5 short videos of a couple and their story as well as a daily challenge and a suggested next steps that will help you think clearly about your marriage and how to put God first in your marriage. 15 Scriptures For Get Well Soon Cards, What Does The Bible Say About God's Love? 25 Verses To Help Identify Fake Friends Today, if I would have asked you why should God let you in Heaven would you have said Jesus Christ is my only claim? Putting God first is not a means to an end. 16. You start to imitate Christ who put His Father first in all He did. You should love someone for who they are, but the main cause of your love should be your desire to honor God. Colossians 1:16 “For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.”. “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Putting God first is realizing it’s all about Him. OpenBible.info In John 13:34 Jesus said, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.”. He chose you. For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Putting god first in relationships. If you only show love to someone because they deserve it, you will not show them love for very long. Publisher: OpenBible.info. 1 Corinthians 10:31 “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.”. The Bible reveals that family relationships are important to God. Do you want to put God first in your marriage? ‣ Was He first when they were living in rebellion? What Does The Bible Say About Fake Christians? 20 Reasons To Obey The Lord 13. Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you.”, 16. 20 Reasons To Obey The Lord “For the man who does not love his wife but divorces her, says the Lord, the God of Israel, covers his garment with violence, says the Lord of hosts. ‣ What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality? It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me, You have time for everything else, but you don’t have time for prayer? On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”, "And God put all things under [Jesus’] feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all. Why Don't Christians Expose Evil Anymore? What Does The Bible Say About Mental Health? So that's what AGW is all about! In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. This plan will give you a clear look into one couple’s life and how they choose to put God first. Is every time you watch TV for His glory? Jeremiah 2:32 “Does a young woman forget her jewelry? And what negative consequences are there when people do not put God first in their relationships? Repentance is not a work. If you say no, then you are being disobedient to this command. I’m not saying you won’t struggle with sinful thoughts, desires, and habits, but God is going to work in you to conform you into the image of Christ. Bible verses about putting God first. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”, 11. When you trust in Christ you become a light. What Does The Bible Say About Mental Health? Putting God first is doing what He wants us to do over what we want to do even if it seems like our way is right. 1 Corinthians 11:1 “Follow my example. Why go to all that trouble? 6. Was God really first? He becomes your life. Ahead of all the meetings and tasks and “Must -do’s” that fill our calendars? And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3. H Your every thought is to be for Him. “If you have not chosen the Kingdom of God first, it will in the end make no difference what you have chosen instead.”  William Law, “Put God first and you’ll never be last.”, “The secret of a happy life is giving God the first part of your day, the first priority to every decision, and the first place in your heart.”, “As God is exalted to the right place in our lives, a thousand problems are solved all at once.” – A.W. 20 Reasons To Obey The Lord So the benefit of putting God first in a relationship is that God will actually be in that relationship. V Use your time wisely. John 15:16 “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.”. He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality? Listen to what God wants you to do and usually He confirms this by His Word, the Holy Spirit, and by 1 or more people coming to you. No professing Christian would ever say that God is not first in their life. What Does The Bible Say About Fake Christians? Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”. ‣ Would it be a problem for you to give God everything? Revelation 2:4 “But I have this against you, that, you have abandoned the love you had at first, 3. What Does The Bible Say About Mental Health? How about when you walk, give, talk, sneeze, read, sleep, exercise, laugh, and shop? Is Smoking Marijuana Sinful? What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality? Before you close the book on God’s book, here ... money bible time management accountability following jesus put god first, My husband and I have been on a debt-free journey ever since we got married. How can He change you? S John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, Have you truly put your trust in Christ alone? V 4 Reasons It's So Important to Put God First in a Relationship. Not my glory, but for your glory Lord. For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”. The goal of putting God first is not to get something from God like a blessed relationship, more money, or better health. D 15 Scriptures For Get Well Soon Cards, 25 Verses To Help Identify Fake Friends Jesus took our place and for those who repent and trust in Christ alone for salvation they will be saved. What Does The Bible Say About Haters? He confirmed it by three people asking me the same thing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 15 Scriptures To Help With Hopelessness But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. ", “You shall have no other gods before me.”, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments at markballenger@applygodsword.com. In love. Subscribe to AGW Ministries and you'll get short, practical, and Christ-centered content sent right to your inbox. What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality? If you see the glory that awaits believers in Heaven you would change your whole lifestyle. M Contact me: openbibleinfo (at) gmail.com. Remove things in your life that you know He is not pleased with such as bad music, bad movies, etc. ‣ How do we put Him ahead of our daily worries and fears?