And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life. But the Lord didn't take it away. We can continue to grow in faith and reliance, believing he will deliver what he promises. Luke 22:28 “You are those who have stayed with me in my trials, Acts 20:19 serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials that happened to me through the plots of the Jews; Bible Scriptures on Rejoicing During Trials. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. James 1:2-4. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”. Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Although, I think it's probably safe to say it was some form of intense suffering, since it was described in scripture as torment. I don’t select the ads displayed here but generated by advertising software. All the more we continually pray, “Thy Kingdom come.”. Be sure to share it in the comment section. The Eternal will grant us favor and glory. Right here in the middle of our desert, He is doing a great work inside of us. We receive a maturity that we wouldn't have gained in any other way. As we endure trials it produces things inside of us that are good. [The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. From providing all our needs to protecting us from evil, God is always there for us. We can be confident in God’s protection, love, and care that we shouldn’t fear anymore. I'm sure they had taken their son to the temple to be prayed over. Instead he told Paul that His grace was sufficient for him, and that His power was made perfect in weakness. Some people believe that once you become a Christian, all your problems go away. 2:3-7), Lesson 3: Serving Through Suffering (2 Timothy 1:8), Lesson 14: Diligent Perseverance in Light of That Day (2 Peter 3:14-16), 12. This is where we have to rely on Him in the midst of the unknown. Leaving a comment will not sign you up for email notifications. What should we do when we face with trials and refinements and encounter bitter situations? 13. In fact, there are at least one verse in every chapter in 1 Peter dealing specifically with suffering. God is completely sovereign and is in complete control of our lives. But one thing is for sure, it will all eventually make sense. (1 Peter 1:10-12), Lesson 3: Joy From the Pits (1 Peter 1:6-9), Lesson 2: Saved Unto Eternity (1 Peter 1:3-5), Lesson 1: Hope And Holiness In A Hostile World (1 Peter 1:1-2, Introduction), Lesson 5: Overcoming Discouragement (Ezra 5:1-17), Lesson 14: Grumble, Grumble--Not! In this passage, Paul is telling us that we shouldn’t lose heart. How can we walk along the way of believing in God with faith? You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. ... but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. Romans 8:28 reminds us that whatever you are going through, it will all turn out good as long as you are called by God and you are doing His purpose in your life. Not everyone who is sick is weak in their faith. ( Log Out /  In reality, there’s no temptation or trial that we can’t overcome. God wanted to make sure that His children always knew that they would be able to lean on Him during difficult times, so He filled the Bible full of wisdom on facing trials and tribulations. I strongly admonish you to read Psalm 23 and understand the meaning of each word it conveys. So will the LORD your God do to all the peoples of whom you are afraid. How to Live in Praise, Even in Trials—Part Three, 2. Do you have encouraging Bible verses in mind that I haven’t included in this list? Blessed Are Those who Mourn (Matthew 5:4), 16. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope. Here are the top 12 Bible verses to read when you’re facing trials in the hopes that they’ll put it all into a godly perspective. Peter says this will result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Therefore, don’t depend on what you see, but depend on God’s vision for you. The LORD’s Answer: Mercy for Israel Isaiah (65:1-25), 19. So this loving God would allow a messenger of Satan to inflict continuous torment on one of his disciples and not lift it? My friend committed suicide and I’m having a tough time dealing with the pain. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. In verse 2 James refers to our suffering as a trial. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Everyone goes through trials in life, so how do we respond to them? While many of us, also, may never know the behind the scenes answer to our suffering, we can trust that God is good. How Can an Omnipresent God Be in Hell if that is Eternal Separation from God? Why does the way of the wicked prosper? He will finally establish His tabernacle with men. The Triumph of the Suffering Servant (Isaiah 52:13—53:12), 10. Join me now as we explore God’s word and discover what it takes to become a true Christian! You will come to a point in your life where you will be able to piece everything and finally see why you went through such a trial. Righteous are you, O LORD, when I complain to you; yet I would plead my case before you. With every temptation, he promised that he will provide a way of escape. What Does the Bible Say About the Coronavirus (COVID-19)? The Son and the Psalm of Hannah (1 Samuel 1:1-2:10), 5. We hear of diseases, famine, war, and death. Suffering: Victim or Victor? In order to keep Paul from becoming conceited, he said that he was given a thorn in his flesh. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! We hope these verses can increase your faith in God. Bible Verses About Prayer, Bible Verses About Children Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Though our physical circumstances may put us down, we will not let it destroy us. (Related blog you should read: “The 10 Powerful Lessons from Psalm 23 You Need to Learn Now!“). In this passage, the Apostle Paul poses a question: Whenever you feel upset, depressed, sad, frustrated, and disappointed, you need to remember that God is with you. it helps to pay the bills and keeps this website running. Follow Becoming Christians on WordPress.com. Unspoken Words of the Heart Bible Study & Devotionals, And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord. Peter says this will result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Trials put us through the painful refiners fire, pulling out our impurities. How do you tell a Test from a Temptation? Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. However, in this post, I have listed the top 10 MOST encouraging bible verses that will help you overcome trials, problems, and challenges in life. Romans 8:18 and 1Pet chapter 4 seem to imply Christians should rejoice in our suffering because of the sympathy towards the suffering of Jesus, and some how that is related to Glory. God’s Condemnation or God’s Comfort (Isaiah 56:9—57:21), 24. I've definitely done my fair share of crying out and asking questions. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 1:3-11), 2. It means that we think, we talk, and we act in faith. How God Works in Dark Times (Judges 6:1-24). Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. *This blog was created to be an online community for women to find encouragement. Email. Satan had sent this thorn to torment him. Sometimes our weakness can magnify the Lord's power. This verse is something you should always remember every time you are faced with a temptation, trial, or any type of problem. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (1 John 3:11-18), Lesson 23: The God-dependent Community (James 5:13-16a), Lesson 21: Patient Endurance (James 5:10-11), Lesson 20: Responding Rightly When You’re Wronged (James 5:7-9), Lesson 5: Avoiding Deception in Trials (James 1:16-18), Lesson 3: Perspective for Perseverance (James 1:9-12), Lesson 2: How to Obtain Wisdom from God (James 1:5-8), Lesson 1: A Radical Approach to Trials (James 1:1-4), Lesson 59: The Glory of Christ in Hebrews (Hebrews Review), Lesson 51: Let Love Continue (Hebrews 13:1-3), Lesson 41: Overcoming Faith (Hebrews 11:27-29), Lesson 2: The Cosmic God of Little Things (Luke 1:5-25), Lesson 40: Faith’s Choice (Hebrews 11:23-26), Lesson 39: Dying Faith (Hebrews 11:20-22), Lesson 38: The Summit of Faith (Hebrews 11:17-19; Genesis 22:1-18), Lesson 36: The Nitty-gritty of Faith (Hebrews 11:8-12), Lesson 31: Enduring Faith (Hebrews 10:32-39), Lesson 19: An Anchor for Your Soul (Hebrews 6:13-20), Lesson 14: The Throne of Grace (Hebrews 4:14-16), Lesson 11: Persevering in Faith (Hebrews 3:12-19), Lesson 10: A Warning Against Hardness of Heart (Hebrews 3:7-11), Lesson 9: To Endure, Consider Jesus (Hebrews 3:1-6), Lesson 55: Standing Strong, Standing Firm (Ephesians 6:10-11), Lesson 21: God’s Eternal Purpose and You (Ephesians 3:9-13), Lesson 19: Grateful for the Gospel (Ephesians 3:1-7), Psalm 37: What To Do When The Bad Guys Win, Lesson 20: Finishing Well (2 Timothy 4:6-8), Lesson 10: Embracing Hardship for the Gospel (2 Tim. And on that day, the book of Revelation tells us that God will wipe away EVERY tear from our eyes. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. If God knows that it will be good for us, then He will surely give us. A New Slant on Suffering (1 Peter 3:13-4:6), 2. Prepared To Suffer For Righteousness (1 Peter 4:1–6) Gregory Brown: 07/30/2014: 3. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. If we are never in a position where things are out of our control, we would never be able to exercise our faith, and we would never grow into complete maturity. I will learn how to fight spiritually for myself and for others. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Therefore we do not lose heart.