You may also use an. Glad to hear that you loved this blueberry doughnut recipe! Sorry about that! Could I use sugar free maple syrup instead of the sugar if I wanted to cut down on carbs (I’m trying to figure out how to be greedy and get 2 into my macros). Use a rolling pin to roll out to about ½-inch thickness. You won’t miss the fat, the frying, or the trip to the donut shop. Lightly flour a doughnut cutter and use it to cut out the doughnuts. I wanted to be able to wake up, pour myself a cup of coffee, decide that we should have warm donuts for breakfast, and make them a delicious reality before the coffee pot was empty. I think next time I would try fresh berries as the skins all came off and made a slippery, gooey mess. This makes life a little easier and you’ll still have freshly fried doughnuts in the morning. Red Velvet cake donuts and Jelly Doughnuts are also a huge hit in our household! With just over 100 calories, these Skinny Blueberry Donuts are a fun and easy treat that’s perfect for any breakfast or brunch gathering! I assume you add in the blueberries last but just wanted to double check please? Sometimes I use a butter knife around the edges for easier removal. This is a day set aside to honor our nation’s ve, I’ll give you one guess what I am stitching up a, Pasta with Sausage and Swiss Chard is one of my fa. Yay! Bake for 9-10 minutes. To make the donut glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, water and vanilla. I needed some inspiration to move away from blueberry pancakes (if it’s possible to be sick of them). Fill them with fresh preserves from your pantry, roll them in a bit of sugar, and you’ll wonder where they’ve been all of your life. I started out with the intention of baking them (I decreased the flour), but the dough was still too tough – so I cut them and fried them! Food allergies make that scenario an unsafe one for our family. You will probably not use all of the glaze recipe and since it is also optional, it is not included in the nutritional information. If you click a product affiliate link on A Farmgirl’s Kitchen and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you! All of my recipes use simple and readily available ingredients. Going to give these a try soon. Like if I filled muffins tins half way full and baked them that way? Yay! Set aside. Everybody should get a day to celebrate these rings of fried dough deliciousness! Yes, I would like to receive emails from A Farmgirl's Kitchen. I use a piping bag or a freezer bag with the tip snipped off to pipe the donut batter into the pan. I made these as donut holes in a mini muffin pan for more portion control. I also love the idea of mixing another berry in. These blueberry donuts are a dream! We will be making these again. But will try these. Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox. When fully baked, the donuts will have risen above the surface of the pan, have a springy texture when touched, and be slightly dry on the top. I started out with the intention of baking them (I decreased the flour), but the dough was still too tough – so I cut them and fried them! Let some glaze drip off before placing the doughnuts onto a baking rack, placed over a parchment lined sheet pan. I know it says both can be used in the recipe – just didn’t know if it changes the consistency or anything? Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Today I am making them using blueberries, I added the zest of one lemon to the batter and juice of 1/2 a lemon to the glaze. Fill a deep fryer or large pot with canola oil to at least 2 inches deep. I also used dried blueberries instead of fresh which worked well since I didn’t have the small wild blueberries. To accomplish this objective, the USHBC will strive to attain representation of growers and other industry participants from diverse backgrounds on the Council and USHBC committees. Whisk until the wet ingredients are well combined. Add a warm donut to the glaze mixture and turn to coat. The glaze is a super simple mix of powdered sugar, water and vanilla extract. Shake excess flour from berries before folding in. Never knew plain cake mix could work. Love mine- it’s always used in this farmhouse kitchen! This will prevent the doughnuts from soaking up too much oil or burning. If the oil is not hot enough, the outside of the donut will look done, but the inside could still be raw. In a medium bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, milk and vanilla. They’re so delicious and just as quick and easy to make. You guys are going to LOVE these incredibly tasty baked blueberry donuts! Turn out to a floured work surface. Spoon batter into a liberally greased donut pan (nonstick spray works fine). Changed the glaze up – just a little lemon oil instead of vanilla. You could also try using a flax or chia egg. I especially like that you can use frozen blueberries in these delicious sounding doughnuts… I always have some on hand! If I may say so myself. So glad to hear that you loved them!