Making a big bowl of comfort soup always makes my mom-heart happy. Holy buckets, Sandy – this is so GOOD. Flavoured with turmeric and fresh garlic this is a crowd-pleasing curry which is suitable for a mid-week family dinner or to serve when friends are around for a special occasion. Your email address will not be published. Then add the boneless, skinless, chicken thighs to the pan. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt, pepper and one teaspoon of the spice mixture. 1. Put the lid back on and continue to cook for 15 minutes on high before serving! Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Mirepoix (mixture of chopped onion, carrot, celery, from Trader Joe’s), Green lentils (I buy precooked at Trader Joe’s), Shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie is easy! I had a wonderful mother, but it was her mother that taught me about selfless love and grace and forgiveness – along with many other treasures far more important than housewares and homegoods. And I wasn’t the only one blessed by her thoughtfulness. . And quick! How many garlic cloves are used? Optional to leave out the chicken and make this soup vegetarian! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. But first, today enjoy this a bowl of this chicken soup for dinner tonight: Chicken Curry Crock Pot Lentil Soup. Hi Jay, use 3 (recipe updated) thanks for letting me know & hope you enjoy the recipe! Get new posts delivered directly to your email box: Your email address will not be published. Bring to the … Top each bowl with fresh herbs and serve. Set aside with the bacon. I tend to serve with parathas or naan bread and skip the rice with this one as the chickpeas are so filling. // Anyway, fall yard work and a big pot of soup go hand in hand … wouldn’t you say? There were no bridal registries in my circle then. In fact, by packing it full of extra veggies, this would naturally mean at least ⅓ of your plate is speed food and free food. Then, once you get home from work, add in the chickpeas and thicken the sauce a little. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. Stir in the chicken (optional), cooked peas, and fresh herbs. customized by blogger boutique, « Bourbon Chocolate Cookies with a Salted Caramel Drizzle (Dairy-Free! She was very in tune to the colors and things that I liked.. bath towels in my favorite color (green), an apron, a maple syrup pitcher, a vintage framed print, tea cups of hers she wanted me to have, embroidered pillow cases and a tablecloth she stitched, depression glass plates and water goblets passed on, a church cookbook. When I was in HS my parents had a friend of ours make a unique hope chest for me. :). . This slow cooker chicken curry recipe includes a jar of ready-made curry sauce. Oh, and if you love lentils, then try this Lentil-Grape Mint Walnut Salad Recipe! Stir in the flour and tomato purée, then stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes. 5 Comments, Posted in: Main Dishes, One-Pot Meal, Recipes, Slow Cooker, Soups & Salads. Add the chicken and fry on each side until lightly brown. I wonder if I have a picture of it somewhere. It can shred 16 bags of leaves into 1 bag of mulch. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite go-to recipes that anyone can make! Slice, dice, and chop eveything, add the seasoning, and throw on the lid. *. Tick if you own: (Optional)  Slow Cooker Actifry, @2020 - Hint of Helen. Stir in lemon zest and juice, Feta, and garnish with parsley. Set it and forget it is right. To a 4-quart or larger slow cooker, add the lentils, chickpeas, onion, garlic, potatoes, vegetable broth, curry powder, cayenne pepper if using, and salt. ), and another winter winner: Moroccan Lentil Cauliflower Soup. 8. I remember putting stuff in it that I collected for my future home. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. A perfect shortcut ingredient, when you feel like cooking up a curry. Cauliflower Lentil Sloppy Joe’s [Two Peas and Their Pod],  Red Lentil Ham Carrot Soup (my friend Julie’s favorite soup recipe on my blog! Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the crock pot. You can also add a few more Serrano peppers as a garnish if you want a little more heat. I'm Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Even though my kids are gone now, a bowl of soup just feels nourishing! My beloved Grandma was the one who loved adding to it over the years. Whilst you stir, break up any large pieces of chicken. I really loved reading your blog. They do the cooking for you. Mix until it is a smooth paste – this will thicken the curry liquid. If you want a more mild curry, remove the pepper seeds). It’s powerful enough to take up pine needles. ‘Tis the season for crockpot soup! What with getting ALL the right spices together etc! Oh thanks for that memory! Stir to coat in the spices. Once cooked, add a tin of drained chickpeas and stir, 7. But you can shred the chicken thighs right in the crock pot before serving if you like. These easy ingredients go right in the crock pot. 9. Pour the cornflour mixture into the slow cooker and stir to combine. And make a loaf of homemade herbed Dutch Oven Bread! Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Tip onion and garlic into the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite go-to recipes that anyone can make! This looks good. Scroll down for ingredient card and recipe list. Then pour in the water and chicken stock cube, stir to evenly mix everything together then cook for 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low, 6. And if you can’t find leeks in the grocery store, you can replace them with shallots. Required fields are marked *. This Vac Attack Leaf Mulcher is amazing for sucking up the leaves. Feasting on Life begins the moment we open our door (and hearts) to hospitality, wherever we are. How to Make This Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Vegetarian If you're just looking for a vegetarian Slimming World curry recipe, then of course, chicken isn't absolutely essential. But don’t have much time to prepare, shop or fuss about. It’s a hearty bowl of love and comfort :) For springtime, you may want to add ham, like in this Ham Lentil Soup! Design by Purr. Secure lid and cook for 6 hours on low or until chicken, vegetables, and lentils are cooked and tender. Mix everything together. I wish I was a curry fan. Take 2 tbsp cornflour and mix with 2 tbsp of the slow cooker liquid. ©2020 Reluctant Entertainer. She contributed to it for years.. that’s so remarkable to me too. Welcome to my home and table! :/ I haven’t quite acquired a taste for it. Watch another movie. Minimal prep needed. This slow cooker red lentil curry is the perfect recipe to stay full for longer. Let it cook another two hours. Here are three reasons why you need to make this recipe now: 1. Subscribe for new and popular recipes, delivered straight to your inbox. You can watch it “live” on my Instagram story (highlights, under “Ryobi”). (Well, for a slow cooker) :) Definitely a repeat! But wait … it does more than suck up leaves. chopped onion, carrot, celery, from Trader Joe’s. Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. I loved geese so had a corning ware set with geese on it that I loved. That’s where Crock Pot Chicken and Lentil Curry comes in. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ad150e34c3b53be43ef6537c2f3889aa" );document.getElementById("h3401c0d89").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Reluctant Entertainer. 3. BAM. Stir, place the lid on the slow cooker, and cook on low for 7-8 hours (high for about 4 hours), until the potatoes and lentils are cooked through. The amount is not listed in the ingredients. This slow cooker chicken and chickpea curry is so delicious and easy to make. Crock Pots are amazing. I don’t know what it is about tossing a bunch of healthy ingredients into a big pot, and then a few hours later, you have this wonderful masterpiece. A scrumptious bowl of Slow Cooker Lentil Soup for dinner tonight! Also a new tool we’ve been using for fall clean-up around our property! Add the amount of chilli powder you wish - depending on the spice level you enjoy. Next, add the onion, ginger, pepper, garlic, chicken, lentils, diced tomatoes, beef broth, and spice mix. As I mentioned, we’ve been doing a lot of fall cleanup on our property. That was in the 70’s for me and they were fairly popular at the time. I usually serve 1-2 chicken thighs on top of the bed of curry, and we shred them as we eat. 4. I also found your posts very interesting. Mix all the spices -- curry powder through the cloves -- in a small bowl. At the end, stir in the chicken (optional), cooked peas, and fresh herbs. This slow cooker chicken and chickpea curry is so delicious and easy to make.