In order to use the live chat functionality you need to opt into live chat cookies. To do this click on the cookie settings button below. Colchester United Owner and Chairman Robbie Cowling has made the following statement. Colchester United Football Club Limited Company Number: 02705301 Majority Shareholder: R. A. Cowling and C. S. Cowling To do this click on the cookie settings button below. I hope everyone is well and doing their bit to beat the Coronavirus pandemic. After the war, the club returned to the … Sadly, we will have to wait a bit longer because we must be patient until it’s safe and clearly that is not where we are at right now. I’m not sure why I made that decision, maybe it was because each time I look in the mirror, which isn’t very often, the length of my hair reminds me just how long this pandemic has been going on for. However, I would like to reassure everyone that it is the overwhelming opinion of the majority of clubs in the EFL that we all want to complete this season before we start a new season.With no actual football to report on, the media is full of opinions and rumours. I appreciate the decision will make the team less capable when the season does resume but it is very unlikely that we will be the only club to take such a step. However, we have made some good signings and held on to some very good players. I’m confident that Colchester United will get through this crisis, but we will do so because we are part of a football family that is pulling together. Colchester United's game at Mansfield Town has been moved. And finally, I would like to thank all of the fantastic key workers. When we went into the first lockdown, (which lasted three months), it was sunny March, we were heading into summer and the schools were all closed down too. The U's shared the facilities with Town, as Colchester United's first ever game at the ground came on 2 September 1937, a 6–1 win against Bath City. Colchester United like every other EFL team are fighting on two fronts this season. That leads me to Project ‘Big Picture’ which was the masterplan of a group of Premier League teams which was leaked by the Telegraph a couple of weeks ago. These updates are focused on the impact the virus is having on Colchester United but I fully appreciate that everything is getting messed up and everybody is suffering in one way or another. However, please do take care and continue to take extra care with those who are vulnerable from this terrible virus. These updates are focused on the impact the virus is having on Colchester United but I fully appreciate that everything is getting messed up and everybody is suffering in one way … Colchester United Football in the Community, (CUFITC), are continuing with their outreach activities during second lockdown and beyond. Colchester United Owner and Chairman Robbie Cowling has issued the following statement. Parting company with Geraint Williams. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the Premier League are this evil organisation that does nothing for the game. Jevani Brown's shone for Colchester United with a hat-trick in a 6-1 win for the U's. Obviously, things recently got much more difficult and not just for the club but also for my other businesses that normally support it. Of course fans will have their opinions on team selections and tactics and I wouldn’t want it any other way. The club is much stronger when it sticks together. Colchester United's game at Mansfield Town has been moved. Michael Fernandes has gone out on loan to Dartford. Details of your Loyal Supporter tokens will be on your www.colutickets.com dashboard soon. Obviously that will take time - which brings us back to the need for a rescue plan because without fans attending stadiums, one will be needed very soon or we are going to start losing clubs. For example, the story this week that League Two were voting on whether to finish the season was complete fake news. Michael Folivi, Noah Chilvers and Kwame Poku were also on the score sheet as Steve Ball's side smash Essex rivals... Colchester United will be looking to get one over on their Essex neighbours later when they take on Southend United in the final game of the Papa John's Trophy. We will certainly remain competitive as unlike so many other clubs we have a very capable group of Academy players that are ready to step up.I could have delayed the decision and hoped for a dramatic change of events but that would have been unfair. Having said that, the players are aware that hundreds of you are following them live and they do feel and appreciate your support. We are now in cold November, heading towards winter and the kids are all mixing at school … In order to use the live chat functionality you need to opt into live chat cookies. Colchester United's owner and Chairman Robbie Cowling has issued the following statement: I hope everyone has kept well and avoided this awful virus that is having such a devastating effect on all of our lives. Strikerz Inc. take U's Away and Third Shirt Sponsorship. This was followed by the outbreak of World War II, and Layer Road was closed down by the club and passed over to Colchester Garrison. Colchester United's U23s have drawn 2-2 at Barnsley. All the best pictures from club photographer Richard Blaxall as Colchester United bagged their first win of the season with a 2-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers at the weekend. The U's chairman will cut his input to help finance a new training ground and an improved youth set-up. Our community section, which is led by Corin Haines, is doing what it can to be a part of the solution and is being supported by some amazing volunteers. Colchester United Owner and Chairman Robbie Cowling has issued the following statement: So today sees the start of Lockdown Two. Rick Parry, the Chair of the EFL, had been involved in the conception of the plan and he explained it to each of the EFL clubs in divisional meetings last Tuesday. With no gate receipts and no rescue package in sight, the club are extremely grateful to those of you who have been streaming the games. It’s a battle in which every one of us have to play our part to win so please keep asking yourself if you can be doing any more. I wanted to make the decision as early as I could to give those players that are being released a head start in what will be a very difficult environment for out of contract players. We’re certainly discovering some extraordinary people in the extraordinary times.I would like to take this opportunity to thank them all. For our game against Carlisle, we achieved 485 subscriptions so we fell just 15 short of getting into the number from which Colchester benefit financially. In order to use the live chat functionality you need to opt into live chat cookies. I just won’t gamble with other people’s livelihoods or with the club. Colchester United Football in the Community, (CUFITC), are continuing with their outreach activities during second lockdown and beyond. Maybe I should get it cut when fans are fully allowed back into the stadium. We have a wonderful pyramid system in English football but nearly all of the money flows in through the top and not enough money is being filtered down. It is for that reason that I have had to take the very difficult decision of not re-signing a number of players that under normal circumstances I would have been determined to re-sign. Someone without any wants to tell me what to do with it. Once all of the principles are agreed by all stakeholders, a much smaller group who are a lot smarter than me could devise a workable plan making sure that all guiding principles were adhered to. My hair’s become like my money. Geraint was manager during the wonderful Championship season when we finished 10th. Rick was extremely enthusiastic for the plan to get adopted because he believed it not only delivered an immediate package of support to get EFL clubs through the pandemic, but it also provided EFL clubs with a greater share of the Premier League’s media distribution rights which would make clubs more sustainable in the future. Colchester United midfielder Harry Pell is pleased to be back at Florence Park for pre-season training. Following Rick’s presentation, most EFL clubs could see the potential of project ‘Big Picture’ and I too was enthusiastic about the proposal. Your worst time as owner of Colchester United? They find themselves in this difficult situation through no fault of their own and I wish every one of them well. I just hope that when this is over, some lessons have been learned and some wrongs are being righted. Even if doing more means doing less and staying indoors.We were scheduled to play our last game of the season on Saturday against Forest Green Rovers and at this time of the year, the papers are normally full of football stories regarding the teams that already know their fate. I hope you are all well and enjoying a bit more freedom as restrictions are being eased. We achieve this because I will never sign a contract if I can’t commit to fulfilling it. I should explain that I couldn’t get a haircut during lockdown and decided then that I would grow it until a vaccine was available for me to take. For example, ensuring the Premier League continues to be best league in the world, ensuring the English and Welsh national teams are supported by the EPL and EFL, making sure that football clubs at all levels in the pyramid system are sustainable and making sure football is more affordable for the spectators. As Colchester United’s first team discovered recently, coronavirus is still out there and in … On match days the fight for points is all that matters but at all other time this season it will be the fight for survival that must take precedent. Finally I should deal with the question I’m getting asked most at the moment. Colchester United owner Robbie Cowling is planning to reduce his subsidy of the playing budget to zero by 2016. Premier League. To do this click on the cookie settings button below.