The meaning of this song has morphed throughout time but for anyone who has lost a brother, these lyrics can provide some solace. Linked In. You may find that in one of the songs listed below, the artist seems to understand this as well as you do. Country artists have never shied away from recording songs that tell the stories of the wars that the U.S. has been involved in.

It’s really hard to make me cry, but video to this song got me teary-eyed. Listen to the second verse, where he talks about his dad, who worked so many hours and couldn’t be around very much when he was little.

The hero of his song is one who was unwavering and brave until the very end. In this song, he and co-writer Chuck Cannon depict one soldier trying to keep it together while he's at war. You've lost a part of yourself that no one will ever know again.

})();/*]]>*/, Tags: Country Song Groupings, Death Country Songs, Heartbreak Country Songs, Your email address will not be published. He himself joined the Navy right out of high school and has played for military members overseas on a USO tour. It’s sung from the perspective of the person who has passed away and with lyrics like “Lord make me a rainbow, I’ll shine down on my mother, she’ll know I’m safe with you when she stands under my colors,” the song is bound to strike a chord with heartbroken parents. It's easy to find funny country songs that will make you laugh, patriotic country songs that fill you with pride for America, and country breakup songs to help you get over your ex. Still have questions? In 1970, Merle Haggard, who was a fan of Tubb's, offered his own version to an audience that was dealing with the war in Vietnam. If you have big brothers, chances are you look up to them. Do you agree enough to pick ...? Let us know your favorite tune in the comments section below. This is a song you'll want to hear time and again, no matter how long it's been since you've lost your brother. Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage. “Thank You” is a magnificent memorial song for a couple, where one has passed after a long, enjoyable life together. [CDATA[*/medianet_width = "728";
The song was shortly followed by a music video, in which a boy has lost his older brother. The loss of a brother can’t ever be repaired. Harris inspired the duo to write about the 173rd Airborne Brigade, which lost 48 men that day when it was ambushed by more than 1,000 Viet Cong troops during Operation Hump in War Zone D. The song recounts Harris' life, from when he joined the Army at the age of 19 to being shipped to Vietnam, the battle and its aftermath's effect on his life. He says. At this crucial last moment, she tells him, “You can let go now, daddy.”. This haunting song hits you in the stomach.

Still, it's one of the most commonly played.

You can sign in to vote the answer. 16 Heartbreaking Country Songs about Death, Country Songs about Best Friends Falling in Love, A Country Song about Missing Dad or Anyone Who is No Longer By Your Side, Top 10 Songs in Country Music on iTunes in the USA, Happy Anywhere (feat. You can also listen to our picks for the best country songs about death if you're looking for more. However, finding a song that reflects how you feel or one that reminds you of your brother can provide solace on those truly tough days.

Written by Paul Roberts and Shelby Darnell, "There's a Star-Spangled Banner Waving Somewhere" was so popular that it became one of the first platinum singles in country music. He speaks of his longing for his wife and his regret …

Until his dying day, he carried a torch for that same woman in his heart. On Jan. 30, 1972, British soldiers shot 26 unarmed civilians during a peaceful protest march in Derry, Northern Ireland; 14 died from their … This link will open in a new window. This country ballad is quite possibly the most heartbreaking death song of all time. It’s not easy to listen all the way through when you’ve lost someone close. Read on for a list of the 10 most depressing country songs. The incident that spurred the title to the song became known as "Bloody Sunday." Everyone you meet has a story. Ultimately, the sense is that you've had something, or someone taken from you too soon. It was just too hard. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Keep me wishing for one more day with you.” Hard to listen to, but beautiful. While the central part of the song is about one man, the whole song is in memory of the many people Gang Starr has lost. The song appears on two separate albums. The song, although reflective, isn’t too sad; it has a bit of beauty, cuteness, and inspiration to it. If your father owned a truck, then you know what I mean. So, when you lose your brother or someone who's been like your brother, it's more than just a devastating loss of your childhood partner-in-crime. Guitarist Kerry Livgren wrote "Dust in the Wind" after being inspired by a Native American poem and the inevitability of life. The song is about wondering who your loved one would be had he or she not died young; would they have seen the world, chased dreams, or had a family. This hit song is based on a true story about a father who lost his son. This blog post has been Digiproved © 2015-2017 Barbara  (Tremblay) Cipak. Discover the best online memorial sites for remembering a loved one... Facebook. Driftwood recorded the song in 1958 but it was Horton's 1959 version that caught the imagination of country fans around the U.S. The raw lyrics are supported by chordophones which gives the song a heartfelt feeling. The words break you up. Another poignant song by Carrie Underwood. Axl Rose's distinctive voice ranges nearly six octaves—to include a falsetto.

Even though it's nearly 10 minutes long, you'll agree the song isn't long enough. sometimes I wonder, who you’de be today.”. A list of country songs that speak to the difficult emotions we go through when we've lost someone we love.

Good luck ?

This song is so accurate..

But don't worry! Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton wrote this song as a dedication to Blake’s brother, who passed away in a car accident when Blake was a teenager. In this song released during the Vietnam War, Lynn took the side of the women left behind as their men went off to fight in battles that were, at the time, part of something not even called a war, but a conflict. The David Ball song "Riding with Private Malone" can get one in the last bits, Narmy or not.Although, the amazing thing about that song is that it absolutely should be Narmy — but the singer's quiet earnestness makes you believe every single word. Written by Tony Lane and David Lee, "Letters From Home" was the title of Montgomery's April 2004 album, on which the track appears. It’s likely the story of many couples: the husband waits for his wife. Vince Gill wrote this song as a tribute to two great men. 40 Saddest Country Songs of All Time Cry, Cry, Cry: From George Jones to Brad Paisley, the biggest weepers ever No matter what he did, you still loved and protected him as much as you could. Do you know the title of an Australian country song about a farming family get news of sons death in war. Steve Perry's voice amplifies the arc of emotions that are built into the lyrics. Wiz Khalifa's song was written before the death of Paul Walker. "Black Gives Way to Blue" is one of Alice in Chains' more melodic and introspective slow songs. When we were sitting vigil by my dad’s bedside, my brother and I would drive back and forth from the hospital in his truck. One was his brother, Bob, who died in 1993 of a heart attack. yes this song was about his father but they put it in the album for a … Marijohn Wilkin and Fred Burch put the tragedy of PT-109 into song, and Dean, a Country Music Hall of Famer who passed away in June 2010, recorded the tune in 1962. When going through the genre's rich heritage of songs about our soldiers, the wars they've fought and the loved ones left behind, it was hard to choose just 10, but after much contemplating, looking and listening, here is the group that made the list. a couple weeks ago my best friends brother died and everyone in our town is shaken up and i really want some good songs that are sad and make you think but not like rock or old songs, things that are semi recent.

When he returned, he … A list of country songs that speak to the difficult emotions we go through when we've lost someone we love.ForCountry SongAnyoneStepdadsDadsAnyoneDadAnyoneAnyoneA Dad or Loss of Man in LifeAnyoneAnyoneAnyoneAnyoneAnyoneThank You [Visit the ER] MenYouthYouthFriendsMiltarySuicideAnyoneFriendsWifeMilitaryAnyoneI Won't Let Go - [Visit the ER] AnyoneElderlyAnyoneAnyoneGrandmaAnyoneAnyoneAnyoneAnyoneMilitary or ElderlyAnyoneMilitaryFor AnyoneFather & SonAnyoneYou Should Be Here - [Visit the ER], More Country Songs about the Loss of Loved Ones Here, /*