The tart itself will be just fine. This is the preferred way for me, so that it stays chilled and is easier to work with. It. My love for apples is pretty evident here on the blog. This apple tart is best on the day it is baked, though I snacked on leftovers I found in the back of the fridge. Some store-bought puff pastry dough already comes pretty close to that size, while other sheets (like the famous Pepperidge Farm brand) comes in a square shape like the photo above. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, Reynolds Kitchens Parchment Paper Roll with SmartGrid - 3 Boxes of 50 Square Feet (150 Sq. If you want to make it farther in advance, then you could assemble the tart as instructed with the puff pastry and layered apples on top, transfer to a baking sheet, then cover the entire baking sheet in plastic wrap tightly. Tart is best served the day it is made. And with Raymond Blanc's recipe, you can make it perfectly every time 1 hr and 35 mins ... Flat apple & vanilla tart. I don’t know about you, but this week has been a blur and I am truly shocked we are almost to the weekend already, not to mention the fact that it’s nearing the end of September (WHAT, HOW). Fold back each side over the apples. For this recipe, I had Macintosh and Granny Smiths, so I used two of each and made two tarts. I'm a writer, master pie baker and I've been helping people reach their personal and career goals for over 30 years. }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk')); a great partner to help you stay in shape, 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry (e.g. time is less than a couple of minutes so it is a quick and easy dessert. Use a pastry brush to brush the fig preserves all over the tart. This will create a border wall around the apples that prevent the juices from running off the tart edges. No slaving away in the kitchen needed! Freeze, then when ready to bake, go straight from the freezer to the oven to bake. Those dimensions are to help guide you, depending on which type of puff pastry you’re using. Still tasty! If you’re all about getting your hands a little messy, feel free to make your own pastry at home. The phrase ‘easy as pie’ has never been truer. You don’t even need to peel the apples! White Chocolate Cheesecake with Cranberries (Instant Pot). These juices around the outside of the tart will burn and the parchment will help with cleanup. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Use water instead of the brandy if you don’t want to use alcohol. Your email address will not be published. Baker, blogger, mama. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. I'd like to receive the free email course. Defrost the box of puff pastry overnight in the refrigerator. If you have apricot preserves and not jelly, strain through a sieve before glazing to remove any apricot pieces. Comforting food and Simple Living. Is extra yummy a thing? 3. Baking only takes 30 minutes and prep. While I love creating beautiful cakes and darling confectionaries, it’s simple desserts like this Julia Child French apple tart (tarte aux pommes) that truly make me happy. Thank you. Roll out the chilled dough into a rectangle or square, top it with the apples, then sprinkle sugar and cold butter on top. So check below for the Art of the home detailed rustic French light apple puff pastry tart recipe and Art of the Home suggestions. Use a ruler and a small knife or pizza cutter to trim edges straight. if (d.getElementById(id)) return; Layer the apple slices on the puff pastry square however you prefer, diagonally or straight down. That. Regardless of whether you go the homemade route or store-bought route, just be sure you’re using puff pastry instead of pie crust. All you need to do is get the puff pastry out of the freezer and let it thaw (you can easily unthaw overnight in the fridge) and slice and core some apples. Preparation. Anytime I use puff pastry in a recipe I’m delighted with the result and you will be too. Hater of washing dishes. Ft Total), Good Cook Set Of 3 Non-Stick Cookie Sheet. You can serve 12 if you double the recipe and use both sheets of puff pastry. It does not have to be perfectly lined up — that’s the rustic part of this recipe that makes it so charming. If you plan to serve this for breakfast or brunch, you can whip up this recipe while your family is still sleeping. Bake everything until the pastry is puffy and flaky and golden and the apples are soft, then brush the top with apricot or apple jelly for a pretty presentation and added flavor. Then brush with more egg wash to adhere. You can swap the rough puff pastry dough for 1 sheet of frozen store-bought puff pastry dough, thawed per package directions. https://tasty.co/recipe/french-style-apple-tart-tarte-tatin I like the powdered sugar icing, but folks love caramel sauce. They can be used for so many things besides cookies, and I often use mine for making slab pies. Enjoy and be sure to let me know in the comments how you made out! If you want to treat your family during the week, it is definitely a pastry you can serve — just get it in the oven when you are getting dinner ready and it will be warm when it’s time for dessert. You will need: 3 medium apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, 1 package of frozen puff pastry, unsalted butter, chopped walnuts, caramel sauce and powdered sugar for the garnish. TIPS FOR MAKING A GREAT APPLE TART IN PUFF PASTRY, This method of slicing and baking apples in a pie or galette, cinnamon and ginger and then add the apple. Feel free to roll out your puff pastry dough to elongate it to those dimensions, but it’s also not mandatory. I’ve laid out several tips in the Notes section of the recipe below, but to give you a preview: 1. While this week in particular in Minneapolis has been steamy and hot, the leaves are still changing colors and some of the nights have been cool and breezy and I could not love it more. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. And this is a great recipe to have in your back pocket for impromptu visits to prepare a sweet dessert at the last minute. We have some of her cookbooks here at home. Sweet Ricotta Pie aka Italian Easter Pie! We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. 4. It is perfect as is for dessert but also in the afternoon with tea or coffee. Apples are wonderful for this tart because they bake really nicely, are naturally sweet, and they’re not super juicy, a.k.a. The original recipe included apple pie filling and that works really well. This apple tart is hassle-free, unbelievably delightful, and is probably the easiest and quickest tart you’ll ever make. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This French apple tart is yet another celebration of all things fall in dessert form. The simplest recipe for an easy French apple tart with rough puff pastry dough, fresh apples, sugar, butter and a jelly glaze. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/flat-apple-vanilla-tart 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, defrosted in the refrigerator overnight, 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices, 2 tablespoons cognac or apple brandy like Calvados. Sprinkle with the sugar, dot with the butter, and bake. Slice the apples thinly and place in a medium bowl. Your email address will not be published. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden brown and apples are tender and beginning to brown on the edges. There are some finishing touches you will need to add before popping it into the oven for a delicious treat. When the juices run off, they’ll quickly turn dark and burn early in the baking process – don’t fret. Before winter arrives and citrus steals the show with desserts like my lemon ricotta cake or lemon tart, it’s important to embrace and give attention to apples, which are oh-so-deserving. If you want to prevent any run-off of the apple juices, you can assemble this French apple tart a little bit differently. Store-bought puff pastry and an apricot jam glaze make this recipe a cinch! Thawed puff pastry gets very sticky when it warms up. You can serve this French apple tart as is, or you can serve each square with a scoop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an indulgent touch. We’ve made it to weekend’s eve. A delectable, super easy French Apple Tart with Puff Pastry is perfect when you need a dessert in a pinch. To make it super easy, puff pastry is a marvelous, pre-made substitute. Check the tart at 30 minutes and if you think it's getting too dark, decrease the oven temperature to 350º until the apples are tender. js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; Stephanie, you are great baker. The apple juices that stream off the tart will burn quickly on the parchment paper - do not worry, this is OK. I’ve added some spices, brown sugar and voila! Thanks! We just put the bottle of caramel sauce on the table! Warm up the fig preserves in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Brush egg wash around the perimeter of each square of pastry. Make your life easy by using a sheet of parchment paper underneath the tart for easy clean-up and to protect your.