This 8,000 BTU 115-Volt room air conditioner works with GE Appliances new Comfort app which will allow you to monitor and control your new connected air conditioners.

Just press the Wifi button on the unit, find it in the wifi network, type in the password found on a label on the side of the unit, connect to the unit, tell it which home network to connect to, and you're done. This air conditioner is great. Love the eco setting. Kept my summer, which in Chicago can become extremely hot and humid. Yes it has a built in thermostat. ( The manual deflector can be angled into 4 different directions. I envisioned having to make some kind of brace or major work since I know these units can be quite heavy.

For the most part, all the smart features worked great. Rating 4.6 out of 5 stars with 282 reviews. I did that and then skipped the two base brackets because my window frame does not accommodate them. There are several different "GE appliances" apps, but the comfort is the one for window AC's. After the temperature was met the fan dropped down, and the unit would shut off if the temperature remained stable for long enough.

ft. French Door Refrigerator in Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel. wall ovens, wine coolers, This feature alone makes getting the app worth it. I even recommended this air conditioner to family and friends. Make sure you write down, or take a quick snapshot of the password, before installation, if you are putting it into a cramped location. So, you’d think it should be trivial to loosen them and attach the brackets, right? The manual just refers to the GE Appliances app, already since renamed Comfort GE Appliances, and that app says nothing about Google or Alexa. This turned into a power house for my elderly aunt's NYC apartment. It doesn’t really direct the air. © 2020 AJ Madison Inc. or its affiliates.

The sound isn't too bad but in a small room if you have this on the highest setting it really kicks up a bit. It is well-built and looks nice, and you don’t need a crane to lift it to your window. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. The smart features are pretty good, definitely a solid 7/10, I have an Emerson smart thermostat for my central heating/cooling and that has fantastic integration and this GE is pretty good, but it could be better.

Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels.

Why no guard on the AC to protect the fins from getting damaged?

Now, using the app I was able to get connected to my network after a few minutes. GE also includes some weather stripping and foam to help you seal up the unit as much as possible. This 8,000 BTU 115-Volt room air conditioner works with GE Appliances new Comfort app which will allow you to monitor and control your new connected air conditioners. None of these will keep the unit from falling out if the window is raised and is no longer supporting the top rail, but it should hold the unit in place long enough for you to grab it. Overall, this is a solid window AC unit. We're happy to help answer your questions. Then I set the thermostat on it to keep it at my specified temp, and it does exactly that.

Within the hour, the entire room was at the set temperature of 71 degrees.

Speaking of the insulation strips, this unit has enough to cover all the spots opened up by having an open window. None of this should have been necessary! Your email address will never be sold or distributed to a third party for any reason. After installing it I secured everything with extra foam I bought (It comes with a fair bit though but I recommend more can never have too much) and lots of gorilla tape. Imagine a hotel air conditioner unit. The air conditioner is manufactured globally (not in the U.S.) GE Appliances products are designed by GE Appliances engineers in the United States.

Please take a minute to review our Privacy Policy. The app is actually pretty nice and works well, even though it has a low star rating. Therefore, your best source for manufacturing location is the packaging/product itself.

I am pleased! Setup with Alexa and Google requires the (free) "SmartHQ," app or skill and this is not mentioned ANYWHERE. Please check it out, you won't be sorry. On one side, that was true, but the other wouldn’t come loose no matter what I tried. Products shown as available are normally stocked but inventory levels cannot be guaranteed, For screen reader problems with this website, please call 1-800-430-3376 or text 38698 (standard carrier rates apply to texts). range hoods, This AC has a sleep mode and an eco mode as well.
Sorry, this webpage requires JavaScript to function correctly. The unit was packaged well, where you'll find a few pads for insulation, a top plate that screws into the top of the unit to hold it against the window, some side skirts that extend to the desired/needed space to cover the sides (no cutting needed), a remote control, and the manuals/warranty information. All window air conditioners have white Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) air ducts. First I input the insulation provided on the top, sides and bottom of the window, then mounted the air conditioner. It probably took me less than a minute to get it sitting in the window (as pictured). I am looking forward to interacting with it all Summer. Inside the box was everything I needed for a safe and well insulated install. GE appliances provide up-to-date technology and exceptional quality to simplify the way you live.
© 2020 Best Buy. Still, I give this unit a definite 5 out of 5. Makes this super easy to setup. If you have a house or apartment where you use window units, this model is a solid buy. The air conditioner itself has the generic functionality - 3 fan speeds with auto function, there’s an eco mode for reduced power consumption etc - in essence just regular stuff.

This has a quieter operation than models I have had in the past even during cooling mode, it is not much louder than just the fan mode,which is very nice, because my older AC's used to sound like a plane taking off, and rattle the whole window. It would have been quite helpful to have that information somewhere in the GE Comfort app, in the card in the box that described Wi Fi connectivity features, etc. You can simply hop on your phone 15-20 more before you get home and by the time you arrive that room will be cool as a cucumber! coffee systems,

And this continued for a few weeks. Better than I expected. I am not the best at putting things non-electronic together so of course I struggled a little by installing the side flaps backwards, not once, but twice.