We suggest getting in touch directly with related organizations such as Kythe Foundation.

You just need to inform your hair dresser that you are planning to donate your hair and remember to keep it in a ponytail. At Cuts Against Cancer, we are grateful for every hair donation to we receive. Put the following information: name, contact number, email address, and date of donation.“Having met the cancer patients of House of Hope, one thing that we learned from them is strength and gratitude...Their eyes alone taught us the value of hope and that inspires us to be God’s instrument of joy and perseverance for them,” the group said.For more information on this project, visit and message their Facebook page, Project Catch.Other community projects that VSP did in the past include Project Selfy (Sexual Education with Love for the Youth), an advocacy to empower the junior high school students on sex education discourse and to further prevent sexually transmitted disease and teenage pregnancy. (Photo by Project Catch), Statement shirts bearing phrases to boost the children’s hope and confidence in themselves were also given. Read more about the record-breaking story here.

Sometimes they are unexpected, other times they are already in the budget. Confidence Achieved Through Collected Hair, Private hospital's holding area reaches full capacity, QR code registration for establishments resumes, Davao City records highest number of virus cases for 6th time, Legacy Leisure Residences construction sched on time, 4 positibo sa Covid-19 sa padayong barangay mass testing sa Lapu-Lapu. In fact, according to Locks of Love, it takes 10 to 12 ponytails to make one wig. For this project, they partnered with Hair For Hope, an advocacy project of volu-MED Salon and the European Hair Factory, Inc. based in Luzon.

I'm back with another video and this time its not about make up or fitness. While many private organizations may have been donating food and other necessary supplies to House of Hope for the children, one particular organization composed of young students from San Pedro College (SPC) decided to start a different donation drive with the aim to help boost these children’s confidence and to add hope amid the challenge they’re going through.

However, they weren’t that sure which organization to go to and how to make their donations.Project Catch saw this opportunity to really follow through and bridge this gap.Those who are interested to donate are asked to make sure that their hair is not permed or colored and is at least 12 inches long.

Some words have been banned. Thank you so much to everyone who dropped by the Louis Phillip Kee Premier Salon last September 22 to donate their hair!

Please fill up the form below after you have shipped/dropped-off your hair donations. Cancer patients fight every day. A: Cuts Against Cancer isn't accepting salon-treated hair at the moment so it's best to get in touch with them directly to learn more updates on their donation guidelines. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. • Gather hair at the nape of the neck. Read more about our hair drive here!

Please select the department that will address your concern.

(Photo by Project Catch), Despite their sickness, the children were still very much game to join the activities. It should be at least 12 inches long.Cut your hair just above the elastic band.

Tie the band below the area where you want to cut your hair.3.

However, with the quarantine, people are not allowed to go to salons to have their hair cut. Do not use obscenity. They don’t just encounter physical concerns but also experience challenges when it comes to their mental and spiritual health. Its all about my journey and my story about why I donated my hair to … How to donate hair According to Project Catch, they have encountered a few people who have been meaning to donate their hair that they let grow for so long. If it comes out of the band, it won’t be included in the donation. Absolutely! Last Christmas, the students behind Project Catch organized a party for the children at House of Hope. From there, the donations will be sorted out and made into medical wigs which will then be shipped back to Mindanao for the Kids of Hope, from the House of Hope Foundation,” Project Catch said.

Please ensure that the ponytail is completely dry before sending.

Below is the step-by-step guide provided by the organization to everyone who wants to donate their hair for the project:1. In one afternoon, we collected over 40 hair donations for Cuts Against Cancer to create high-quality wigs for chemotherapy patients. UPDATE: Human Nature Head Office and our branches are no longer accepting hair donations.

(Photo by Project Catch), Project Catch is a health advocacy of the Volunteer Service Provider (VSP), a student organization under the Community Engagement and Extension Services of San Pedro College (Photo by Project Catch). Tie your hair tightly with an elastic band. Since 2016, Hair for Hope is a charity unit of HEADS by Volu-med; encouraging people to donate their hair for those who need hair like cancer patients.

Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS! Over the course of the year, special funding needs arise at our shelter and school. Do not wash or style the ponytail in any way after it has been cut off. A: You can have your hair cut in your preferred salon. *Take note of your transaction codes if sent by shipping. Dry your hair thoroughly.2. It amazes us how these patients carry their burdens, face their fears, and fight their battles with a smiling face,” said Gallardo.The group decided that gathering cut hair to make wigs for these young cancer patients will somehow help instill their confidence.“This project is important to us just as much as it is to them.

We will not be able to continue our advocacy without our donors and volunteers.

Q: How do I package my hair donation and where can I send it? Make sure the band is tight around the hair to keep the hair together after cutting.