I'm getting a blood test tomorrow to rule out B12 deficiency, and if that is all fine next step is a neurologist. Member Blogs (22477 visits to this link) Member Blogs - Want to keep a record of your anxiety journey? On my next visit to the GP it was decided that I would now take the propanolol every 2 days. Stress and anxiety was something that other people suffered from, but not me. Welcome to the Anxiety Community Forum, a friendly space for discussion, help and support with mental health issues. Hope some of this has helped and stay in touch. Patient.info uses cookies to improve your experience and deliver personalised advertising. I also have coeliac disease which means I am allergic to wheat rye barley and oats - gluten in general, so I continuously have bowel probs even whilst on the diet (been coeliac for just over 20 years), so always fearing bowel cancer - that's a big one! It’s also called illness anxiety, and was formerly called hypochondria. But so pleased I have found somewhere I can come and gain comfort hearing others speak of exactly what I too am suffering from! NEED SUPPORT PLEASE. My husband and I just had a talk with him saying I'll kill myself with worry. Now to keep my mind occupied until I get the scan! Palpitations, no appetite, shaking , mood is horrendously low but I cant seem to share how I feel, im completely shut, dead on the outside like I'm in a shell but inside the turmoil is awful. And, I firmly believe that once you have suffered once with anxiety/feelings of despair/hopelessness etc then your 'emotional immune system' is changed forever. I can't go on living with this worry, as I'm sure you understand! Patient aims to help the world proactively manage its healthcare, supplying evidence-based information on a wide range of medical and health topics to patients and health professionals. Fatigue of the mind. I resent feeling I need them. Colds, Flu, Migraines, Headaches, Stomach bugs etc. I'm having a hard time at the moment because I recently had gastro and now I'm afraid I have ruptured esophagus. This is a support section and NOT for debate. Registered number: 10004395 Registered office: Fulford Grange, Micklefield Lane, Rawdon, Leeds, LS19 6BA. But like you I don't want to miss a diagnosis and waste precious treatment time! I suffer from severe health anxiety and have for the past 6 years which all started after my son was seriously iill and we came very close to losing him thankfully we didn't. Well after reading your post I feel I am not so bad! if the MRI comes back clear on Tuesday I'm going to crack down on dealing with the anxiety and hope that helps. To begin healing. I have found as time passes my fears reduce and something that might have had a 80% anxiety rating will reduce to 60% at end of day. Because I view them as a backward step, and I dislike myself for needing them. A wonderful, gorgeous, kind, and funny girl, and immediately this changed me. I found some of it quite useful and some of it not so. I found it a lot better to go to my Doctor and just spilling it all out no matter how weird or odd my symptoms sounded , I was also referred on to a Psychiatrist who is very good and I have been very up front and Honest with Her no matter how weak and small I felt at first, now that I have an idea on what is going on feel somewhat better knowing what and why . appropriate medical assistance immediately. The feelings of hopelessness are back, the total lack of optimism is back. I wasn't interested in settling down, not unusual for a guy in his 20s. I look at my husband and I feel nothing, and feel I don't want to be with him anymore (when we've been happily together for over 20 years). Thanks again. I had something I used to call zing head. Health anxiety is a type of anxiety disorder. I can go a few weeks or if I'm lucky a month or two without needing to Google symptoms or diseases. I have recently had a very similar experience to yours. It will turn out to be nothing and it will go away. This is so frustrating. I'm still getting tests done (spinal MRI is next) but hoping that I too can start working concertedly on my mental health. Please register to post and use the extra features available to members. I have felt so alone in this for so long!! All rights reserved. Then an article a friend liked on MS and I was a mess again! For new members to introduce themselves to the community. I take that too. But, I suffered with the feelings of extreme anxiety/hopelessness/PVCs/negative thoughts - the whole shebang, when my first daughter was born. Use this section for talk relating to Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). Posts you should read but may have missed. Also I need to exercise each day even some days it's hard. Josie57 I was going home every day fed up of dealing with angry and upset people and this brought me down. I went to GP and she arranged an urgent brain MRI the next morning (worst nightmare). All Coronavirus related discussion in here. Questions and stories about therapy (whether one-on-one, in a group, in-person, or online). Debilitating symptoms. I thought I would join as I feel better after I've spoken to the doctor and gained some reassurance, but that only lasts a day or two and I'm back to worrying, so maybe talking to people on here may help. I read lots of posts where people end up having a heap of tests/scans they don't need because of going to the doctors to check on symptoms they have because of HA....nearly all the people say their doctors did it just to rule things out and the tests were clear. * I was blown away to see you and all these other people suffering from the same health related anxiety I have. He keeps trying to tell me MS isn't as bad as it once was, that his workmate has it and is still fine, just gets tired. xx. Our clinical information is certified to meet NHS England's Information Standard.Read more. Help with anxiety ~ how to deal with “what if” thoughts. I do know that since I had it, I am a lot clearer about what is wrong with me and feel stronger in dealing with it. Basically, all the emotions you are describing (aside from the health anxieties) have arrived back with a vegence, and I'm devastated. I feel better after a good session. It's so hard to know what is just health anxiety and what is a genuine, serious medical issue! When I was diagnosed with PND I took anti-depressants for 2 years which definitely helped.