I could easily become a fast food junkie, I think it’s probably in my best interest that Sonic is not just around the corner from our house. And since your food isn’t submerged in the stuff, much less oil gets absorbed during the cooking process, which means your meal contains far less fat and calories overall. The whole family loves tater tots. Turn the tots twice during cooking so that they brown evenly. We’re talking anything from a tablespoon to just a light spray. I am loving the look of these tater tots, I love to find new things I can make, so I can get the air fryer back out again! Perfect! There are 18 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. Lightly brush olive oil and place the tater tots in the oven to bake, 20 minutes on each side or until both sides are light golden brown. You can also share it on my Facebook page. Fry the tots in small batches, do not overcrowd them. wikiHow's Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards. Homemade Tater Tots made with organic purple fingerling potatoes from our local farm share. Once boiling, parboil for 6 to 7 minutes until they give when poked with a fork, but are still slightly firm. On a floured surface, roll into 1-inch-thick logs and cut into tots. Grilled Portobello Steaks with Apricot and Mango Salsa, Instant Pot Mexican Pinto Beans (GF, Vegan, Pantry Meal, No Soak), Easy Instant Pot Sloppy Joes (Pantry Meal), The Crispiest Juiciest Air Fryer Pork Chops, Easy Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas (Video, GF), Dump and Start Instant Pot African Cinnamon Peanut Butter Chicken (GF, LC), Add in the cornstarch, spices and the best, Place half of the tater tots into the air fryer basket (making sure they don’t touch) and cook for 18-20 minutes till golden brown. Bring to a boil; reduce … Here are a few suggestions for you to try: Tater Tots were invented in 1953 by the founders of the Ore-Ida Company, who were trying to figure out what to do with left over slivers of cut up potatoes. Folks, these Air Fryer Tater Tots are a real game changer. Filed Under: Air Fryer Recipes, All Recipes, Gluten free, Healthy Recipes, Sides and Snacks, Vegan, Weight Watchers Recipes. There's just something about Homemade Tater Tots that screams comfort food. Place the grated potatoes in a mixing bowl and mix in the garlic powder, onion powder, arrowroot powder, salt and dairy-free cheese (if using). Especially paired with sausage and eggs (which is what we did.) Though most people eat tater tots when they are out to eat, they are actually quite easy to make at home. What I’m saying is that once in a. while making Homemade Tater Tots is totally doable, cheaper and healthier for the entire family. This process of cooking the potatoes before frying or baking is called parboiling. Remove the tater tots and keep warm, then repeat steps to make the remaining air fryer tater tots. Tater tots are EVERYONE’S WEAKNESS! Now I guess “tater tots” aren’t typically thought of as a “breakfast food”…but they seemed like a good idea to me! I recommend starting with less cook time, check food for doneness then adding more time as needed. So much so that I realized I had to give in to the craving. Love that you don’t need any oil using the air fryer while still having them crispy. A healthy spin on a traditional recipe made with fresh, simple ingredients. I’m obsessed with my air fryer at the moment, it’s brilliant and everything I’ve tried has come out delicious! Starchier potatoes, such as the Russet, Rooster and Yukon Gold varieties, work best for making air fryer tater tots, as they have a light, fluffy and absorbent texture that will crisp up nicely yet still remain soft inside. Draining the shredded potato will help your tots get crispy. Directions. Thank you for the great recipe! By using our site, you agree to our. Each step was very simple…there just happened to be a number of steps to get from potato to tot. . Make sure that you preheat your air fryer to 390 F (200 C) before adding half the bag of frozen tater tots. Coated with chips and baked in the oven, these tots turn out crunchy and delicious with just the right deep-fried flavor. How to Prepare Homemade Tater Tots. Get “Flipped” recipes + wellness tips delivered to your inbox. Remove the potatoes from the pot, drain well and allow them to cool completely before moving on to the next step. Pair up a portion of homemade tater tots with any one of these delicious dishes: « Easy Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana – Olive Garden Copycat (GF), 15 Minute Pineapple Fried Rice (Vegan, Gluten-free) ». All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published, This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness.

They look delicious . Kids and adults alike will go crazy for this healthier version of a fast food favorite. References. Yesterday was such a nice lazy Sunday afternoon. Wow this looks delicious! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat and brush it lightly with olive oil. Garnish with local, fresh scallions and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (optional). wikiHow's. I love how healthy these are! Thank you for reading Recipes from a Pantry. A few posts ago, I shared that we joined a local farm share called Local Roots and it’s been great experience so far. There are 5 Freestyle Points in a serving of Air Fryer Tater Tots. You know, those food items you just looooooove to eat but are too embarrassed to admit it? Begin by parboiling several potatoes until they are soft, then peel and grate the potatoes into shreds. Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine. These Homemade Tater Tots are a healthy baked side dish. % of people told us that this article helped them. Priyanka. This was one of those recipes that was fairly involved, but really easy. ☝️ Please login or create a free account to comment. Put the potato into a mixing bowl and add the grated onion, flour (or GF flour mix), egg and season with salt and pepper. Drain, let cool slightly. Find out why here!). Post includes Weight Watchers points. Ready to learn how to cook tater tots air fryer style? If you want neutral tasting tots, leave off the garlic powder, onion powder and dill. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, UK food blog. Preheat oven to fan-assisted 180C / 200C / 400 F / gas 6. A very good evening Snack. Does that makes sense? You will find easy recipes, Instant Pot Recipes & Air Fryer Recipes using fresh ingredients with colour, flavour and spice. I would have not guessed that these were made with no oil! Then form the mixture into individual tater. Place potatoes in a ... Adam and Joanne's Tips. Just follow these simple steps: Your cook time will depend on the size of your tater tots, and whether you are cooking tater tots made from scratch or frozen tater tots. There are 5 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of Air Fryer Tater Tots. Gather up your ingredients and I will show you…. If you want to bake the tots, put them in a a 425 F oven on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. A few weeks ago, I picked up beautiful purple fingerling potatoes and immediately thought to make Homemade Tater Tots for Caro. Form the potato dough into small cylinders, squeezing it together with your hands. Cook up homemade tater tots in air fryer using absolutely no oil at all! Here’s how it works. Oven Fried Tater Tots. Nice post.