Hi Wia, thanks for reaching out to us. Not sure if that helps but I can send you photos ? I know these sell your gold places don't give you much for jewellery, I always though Platinum was worth a lot more? The sapphire has some blemishes and bruises at the facet junctions. Platinum would be the best metal if available. On the other hand, platinum is more brittle than white gold, and is hard to bend and hammer into shape, which may explain the aforementioned protests from my jewellers. Do most of the ring repairs you do is on 18k not as much on 14 k? Take a peek at these beautiful platinum settings HERE! I want to buy a very good quality one to have forever. They should be able to accurately evaluate your pendant. If you can email us some pictures and any paperwork that you have for the ring, we should be able to give you a good ballpark value. Of course, this isn’t an exact science, and other factors can influence the resale value as well. I would have to see the ring in person as the value depends on the quality and condition of the jewelry as well as its style. As far as monetary value is concerned, the difference between an old diamond and a modern cut diamond is nominal. Always wear your platinum jewellery after you’ve sprayed deodorant, perfume or hairspray. Hope you can give me an estimate of it’s value, please. A rough guess would be about a 10% increase in appraised value. ), and we can try to help answer some of your questions. Hi, We’re hoping to have an edwardian vibe engagement ring created, either filigree or engraving with a low set 6mm OEC and possibly a handful of tiny scattered singles, if any at all. This entry was written by Nikhil Jogia and was posted on To answer your question, at the current platinum market your ring has $230 worth of platinum. This is a bit exaggerated, but it is just meant to show how much the final price can vary. I’ve seen them write to send pictures and any relevant information to almost every person. I have 10k white gold diamond ring, its an engagement ring. Your website is very helpful, thank you. We purchased it from Whitehalls in Hickory NC… In 2008 they went out of business. Every jeweler has told me something different. Do you have any information on this? Reason being that I am being told that even though it is stamped 18K, that the yellow gold under the white gold coating is only 9K. Hi Danielle, thanks for commenting. Hi Sonja to be able to figure out a ballpark price. P.S. Less is more bra. BTW, your diplomacy is admirable in your answers to the above. GIA VS IGI Always wear your platinum jewellery after you’ve applied makeup. For regular cleaning, use mild soap water or dishwashing liquid, and use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently scrub away grime from the intricate prong settings and crevices. Unfortunately, most of the people who buy estate jewelry don’t know that there are several different types of appraisals and so they assume that the appraisal you have is for insurance purposes (since that is the most common type). It was created in the 80s by another big industry–cosmetics! We bought this in 1988. Hello, thanks for thinking of us. Hello, are valued as raw materials based on current market rates. It really depends on factors such as the design of the two rings and how they are worn. Hi there, amzn_assoc_default_category = "All"; Two of these fine bands spiral up around a solitaire diamond. Hi Bec Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ae3896d22e873a54e2af89393a55a752" );document.getElementById("h2906616ce").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Ha ha, thanks for pointing that out, Alice. Gold, silver, platinum and palladium have the highest economic value of all naturally occurring metals. Sad that there are not more of them out there. I was considering replacing it with a plain 2mm 950 platinum band but after reading your article it seems like a white gold band purchased from Australia, or somewhere that uses palladium instead of nickel alloys might be a better choice. Engagement Ring StylesHow to Save Money On Diamonds I asked them to melt it down and make a new ring by adding more platinum and to make the ring heavier. Feel free to bring it by my store anytime we are open for a free value appraisal. Helzberg is a good company, but most of them are located in the mall, so their rent is rather high. Even for regular Joes and Janes, platinum jewellery is a good investment, precious and eternal, forever fashionable,  simultaneously good for regular, maintenance-free wear. What is the regulatory and taxation environment like? I don’t know the difference can you tell from this? amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; It is definitely worth its intrinsic value. Hi Colleen, thanks for commenting. Probably 6 on each side. amzn_assoc_linkid = "cbe0687417f0a3fb3ea2250eb7e45f0e"; amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Platinum can not be re-used and re-melted like white gold. View and rotate any diamond under 20x magnification. That said, we do offer insurance appraisals, so if you need an updated appraisal feel free to bring the ring by our shop anytime we’re open. Thank you! I’m torn between platinum and 18k white gold. The sapphire is surrounded by a halo of 16 matching shared prong set round brilliant cut diamonds that weigh approx. I would be happy to help get you the most possible for the necklace. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "jewelry-secrets-20"; I’m not sure about the grams and weight but it has a CID14k in the band, a white stone in the middle – not sure if pearl and two lavender color gemstones on the side. As a general rule if a stone is set into sterling silver, it is probably not very expensive since silver is quite a bit less expensive than other precious metals like gold and platinum. Hi there, I have 14k yellow and white gold 4-prong and bead ring. It’s a solid ring and rather dull in colour ( doesn’t polish up like silver or gold ). Checkout our article on how to sell on eBay if you want to go that route. Yellow gold (22k and 18k) is mixed with other alloys like nickel, copper or silver. Since it’s not an especially famous brand, it can be difficult to estimate how much above intrinsic value the retail price should be. That said, if you’re using your existing diamonds and gold in the new design the labor for the redesign could be as little as $500 or as much as $1,500 based on the complexity of the new design. It’s hard to say what the resale value on a piece like that might be without seeing it. Generally speaking, when designing and engineering jewellery, we use the same rules for all metals (gold and platinum alloys). Everything you need to know about jewellery, Glitter in gold when you want to show Cleopatra-esque drama, Wear silver when you want to embody a gypsy diva, But choose platinum when you want to go full-metal elegant, Hypoallergenic, more tarnish-resistant than any other metal, Prone to patina and dullness over long periods of time, Prone to scratching if handles with neglect, The option of yellow and rose gold colours, Gathers tarnish due to the presence of other metals, Polishing white gold and rose gold results in gradual decolouring, Good for unconventional, experimental designs due to its fashion-friendly appeal, The preferred metal for affordable gemstone jewellery, Considered less illustrious than platinum and gold.