Then transfer the whole egg mixture back into the hot milk in the saucepan. Its dessert menu read like an encyclopedia entry on Southern comfort food: pecan pie, key lime pie, coconut-chess pie, peach cobbler. each bag) mini Nilla Wafers, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (125g) granulated sugar, divided, 1 can (12 oz.) Do you ever cook!? You can also roll the dough into small balls (using greased hands) before placing them on the lined baking sheets. You can read 21 Random Facts About Me by clicking the "About Me" tab on the Menu Bar. You’re my new best friend. Nutrition Information Alternate wafers with a layer of pudding mixture until all the pudding is gone, ending with a layer of vanilla wafers on top. I use the lite variety when making the lemon pudding I link to above and it works beautifully. proofread your recipe. Next up is another layer of banana pudding, and then a layer of banana slices. However it took moving here to finally experience banana pudding. This recipe is very poorly written, making it difficult to follow.When you add a little hot milk mixture to the eggs in the bowl, it says 'Cook it for 10 mins'. Stir constantly until the butter is melted and well-incorporated. Open each snack pack and pour half the contents of each bag into a large bowl. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/banana-pudding-without-wafers Your email address will not be published. This banana pudding recipe doesn't hold back on taste, but it is lower in calories than the bread pudding you would order at your local diner, and you might actually still be able to taste the banana. Hi Sara, I believe the Back to Nature brand has dairy-free ones! Spoon or pipe the remaining whipped topping over the … 1 large package (5.85 oz)  sugar-free vanilla instant pudding (I use sugar-free. Set saucepan on the stove over medium heat. !For anyone who doesn't understand about adding the hot milk to the egg yolk, you just add a small portion of the hot milk first to the eggs, to temper them (prevents curdling, as he stated) and then add the tempered egg yolk to the sauce pan, continuing to cook all of it until it is nice and thick. I’m Olga and thanks for stopping by! Then check out these gluten free vanilla wafer cookies. Also, before you read the recipe, I feel the need to explain why it’s so simple and so, so easy. Once all combined evenly, press a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the pudding (this prevents a film from forming) and let sit at room temperature to cool for about 30 minutes. thanks for nothing. 108 most popular sodas ranked by how toxic they are. It is used measure for measure like corn starch. I upped the vanilla, used three bananas, only egg whites, and almost a whole box of vanilla wafers, but I followed everything else as written. Add whipped topping and gently mix until well blended. This pudding was awesome!! The gluten free wafers will keep up to a month in the freezer. I’m Alyssa and welcome to my food blog. Thank you. 1 large package (5.85 oz)  sugar-free vanilla instant pudding (I use sugar-free. . This Quick and Easy Banana Pudding just might be the perfect summer dessert! Add a squeeze of lemon juice and stir in. I usually have to make two of these when the entire family is here. This is GREAT! Thank you for your feedback! Cook over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to bubble, whisking constantly. You could add some mashed / creamed bananas into the pudding cream, but it could change the final color to a darker one, just make sure you eat it the same day. Since I had pudding leftover after making the bowl above (the dish I used has about a four-cup capacity), I used the extra to make an individual banana pudding parfait with layers of pudding, fresh banana slices, and crushed vanilla wafers. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and half of the powdered maple sugar for about 1 minute, until dissolves. My décor is always simple, yet stunning. « Garlic Chipotle Mashed Potatoes with Cheddar. To read the disclaimer policy See This. {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Recipe","name":"Banana-less Pudding","datePublished":"2019-05-10","image":["https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/03\/Banana-Less-Pudding-720x720.png","https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/03\/Banana-Less-Pudding-720x540.png","https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/03\/Banana-Less-Pudding-720x405.png","https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2013\/03\/Banana-Less-Pudding-735x616.png"],"recipeCategory":"Dessert","prepTime":"PT0S","cookTime":"PT0S","totalTime":"PT0S","recipeIngredient":["1 large package (5.85 oz) \u00a0sugar-free vanilla instant pudding (I use sugar-free. Looking for a gluten free banana pudding dessert? Chilling in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours is recommended (keep covered with a plastic film to prevent forming a skin). In another bowl mix together the egg and the egg white with the other half of maple sugar until it dissolves. This recipe is dairy free has the most delicious taste thank you so much. How To Make Banana-Less Pudding Mix vanilla pudding and milk with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. !I GOOGLED a banana pudding recipe without wafers and landed here.I AM GLAD I DID.The blog owner has said that they are not confident of their dessert skills.Moreover, this is an ADAPTED recipe.And if you really want so much of hand-holding while cooking, then you probably need a basics cooking course FIRST!LolI am gonna try this yumm pudding. Thanks for this recipe! Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight They don’t have dairy in the ingredients, though I’m not sure about cross-contamination, etc. Let the gluten free wafers cool so they could crisp up. If you don’t want to use a food processor you can mash up the banana in a bowl with a fork or a hand mixer. @2019 - All Right Reserved. I omitted the mashed bananas in the pudding as well. Top with a few banana slices and more vanilla wafers. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. And since I’m all about improving the quality of my desserts, I think this makes a more healthy banana pudding while keeping the great flavors. Take a fat of your choice, a couple of aromatics of your choice, and your mushroom of choice, season with salt and maybe pepper and let it cook until slightly golden—and that's pretty much it. Making A California Roll At Home Couldn't Be Easier! when you write a horrible recipe at least correct your mistakes in the comment area instead of acting like you did nothing wrong under an anonynmous username. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before using. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and … Turned out great! Repeat with another layer of banana slices and the remaining pudding. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours or overnight. I omitted the oil and added about 1/2 tsp of banana flavor. Amount Per Serving Fold in the 2 tablespoons of sugar and mix for another few seconds to incorporate. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Gluten Free Cannoli Recipe + Dairy Free Filling, Gluten Free Apple Pie (Dairy Free / Vegan) With Crumb Topping, Gluten Free Swiss Roll Cake With Carob Frosting (Dairy Free), Gluten Free Vegan Cookies – Cinnamon & Maple Sugar Cookies, Christmas Snowflake Bundt Cake – Gluten Free, Dairy Free Recipe, Gluten Free Christmas Cookies (Vegan, Sugar Free), Vegan Amaranth Cookies | Fig Pinwheel (Gluten Free, Dairy Free), Gluten Free Carob Cake – Dairy Free, Sugar Free. ❤️, You’re very welcome! Enjoy! how much hot milk mixture to add? Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. The only reason I had two servings is I mistakenly told my wife I was making it. Is it supposed to be warm, dirty brown, runny and disgusting looking? Southern-style desserts are a different story because I’ve certainly eaten sweet treats like red velvet cake and pecan pie way before living down here. It’ll still taste great however the color will become more grayish than yellow as time goes on. Category: Dessert ©HealthyTasteOfLife. Top with a few banana slices and more vanilla wafers. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. 3. In a saucepan heat the non-dairy or lactose free milk over medium heat and bring it to almost a boil. My grandson has dairy allergies so this is something he can enjoy too!!  First world dessert problems. Thanks for posting! This recipe (and hundreds more!) If you use other type of vegan butter pay attention to the consistency of the dough, it might be runnier so you might need to add a bit more flour. While the banana pudding itself is dairy-free, if being completely dairy-free is a concern you’ll want to make sure the vanilla wafers you use are dairy-free as well. Sprinkle the crumbs from the bottom of the vanilla wafer bag over the top, if desired. I am in agreement with the remarks about hostile comments, and from a person who tags him/herself as "sunshine.