If you always use the same slide hardware (I do not; the hardware varies, depending on the requirements of each job), you can standardize your drawer sizes based on the dovetail template spacing. The template requires a simple wooden backing block, not included.

“Unlike many other jigs, with the Keller, the thickness of the stock and the setting of your router bit do not affect the tightness of the joint, nor its registration, and no test cuts are required. It says “PW” and has a “V” arrow with its point hitting the line as a visual guide. Bit and stop settings are critical, and can often only be set by trial and error. Dovetail joints go back at least 3,800 years, but half-blind router-cut dovetail jigs were first patented around 1928. Also note that, as I described above, the groove will be concealed at the drawer’s side by a tail.

We specialize in perfect through dovetail joints with a setup that is fast and easy to learn.

We don’t do everything.

Keller 1500 Journeyman complete      $159.00

+ 7 S 0 P O N S O A R P A 7 E E D-1-1 U J-1 0 F J-1-1.

It should protrude by the same amount as the tail cutter did.

Dovetail Angle: 7°

Unlike bench-mounted jigs that clamp to the workbench or table directly, you will first have to attach this jig to wood pieces before you start working. I cut so many dovetails for built-ins that I keep a dedicated router set up for pins and tails. INCLUDES: Collet: 1/4".

$269.95. For these, you’ll need the straight-fingered template and the dovetail cutter fitted with a bearing, which you can buy with the jig from Keller.

This novice woodworker had bought a dovetail jig and spent two days trying to make it work, with no success.
View Cart, Template width: 15'' See complete parts and price list, BUY ONLINE: There are always new woodworkers entering the field, and we want to be there to make their lives easier.”, “We’re passionate about making sharpening easier and better,” Kyle Crawford, Product Manager for Work Sharp told me, “and we listen to our…. Save keller dovetail jig to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed.

On top of that, the resulting dovetails are a perfect, snug fit every time. Cut the tails first.

“Few people know that Carpenter was the one who first developed the process for doing through dovetails with a router,” Dave told me. 2 router bits, carbide-tipped, industrial quality Be sure the template is sitting squarely on the end and is firmly in contact with the piece all the way along its width; if the template is cocked up at one end, you’ll produce tails that are too shallow at that end. For drawers, boxes and smaller pieces, the whole assembly can be flipped upside-down to run on a router table.”, “People report to me with great regularity that setting up other jigs is a 15- minute to one hour chore that chews up scrap lumber along the way.”, “At woodworking shows, I tell customers to go to the competitors’ booths, have them change the wood thickness and settings, and see how long it takes to set up their tool. or Best Offer +$19.00 shipping. We may receive a commission when you use our affiliate links.

The pencil mark at the left of the “finger” just right of center in this image tells me where the center of the tail will fall; I set up my cut so that the groove for the drawer bottom would fall at the center of a tail, hiding the groove from sight once the drawer has been assembled. 1 1/8'' center to center