Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you don’t have a microwave at home, you can reheat by steaming the sticky rice in a steamer. Thank you. All Rights Reserved. However, the best sticky rice recipe comes with ripe and juicy fresh mangoes. Mold the sticky rice with a bowl. In order to provide the best possible service, this website uses cookies.

© 2020 Kosher Network International, LLC. Put mango next to it and sprinkle coconut grater on top.

Filed Under: Dessert Recipes, Recipes, Thai Recipes Tagged With: Coconut Milk, Glutinous Rice, Mango. I made it for the first time. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Service.

An excellent article on another southeast asian food delight. Drizzle the coconut sauce on the sticky rice. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Keep stirring so the rice will not stick to the side and burn. When you want to serve, take a spoon and scoop some rice on a plate. If you don't have a steamer basket you can try this microwave method. The combination of mango and sticky rice are so delicious!

Heat a small saucepan with the coconut milk and palm sugar.

Pour about 2 tablespoons of salted coconut cream sauce and …

Serve the extra sauce alongside along with the mango and sticky rice. This is used to give the sticky rice an extra fragrant. Can you use honey instead of sugar? servings for us, not 4. Sticky rice is also known as glutinous rice because the rice is sticky and gluey in texture. The coconut milk and sugar should be in the perfect ratio so it’s not too sweet and overwhelm the natural sweetness of fresh mangoes. Thanks for the recepi ❣️, Awesome thanks. Steam the glutinous rice for 20-25 minutes or until translucent. Your email address will not be published. © Copyright 2020 Recipes WordPress Theme — Powered by WordPress. To serve Mango Sticky Rice, place sweet coconut rice on a plate first, then peeled and sliced half of mango. You can use a muslin/cheese cloth to steam the glutinous if you do not have a banana leaf.

Make sure that the cooked sticky rice is soft, sticky but retains a good bite. I placed rice over parchment paper. Alternatively, you can just pile up the sticky rice on the plate. Mango sticky rice is made with coconut milk, sugar, salt and mango cubes.

It's so easy to make at home!

Super easy and delicious. Throw in the Pandan leaves. Cooked glutinous rice will last for about 4-7 days in the fridge however it’s best to eat in 2 days. Choose Asian mangoes from Thailand or Indian. I am not a huge fan of rice pudding, but coconut sticky rice I have come to love especially along side really juicy and tart mango. What is mango sticky rice? Add a few pinches of salt and heat until all sugar is dissolved. This recipe is best served as a dessert. The night before, soak the sticky rice in enough water to cover (it needs to soak for at least an hour but over night is best).

Green Papaya Salad.

If you can find palm sugar that is the best, but regular sugar will do. Obviously, in addition to being a daily food staple, sticky rice has been used in combination with coconut milk for preparing desserts, including mango sticky rice, banana sticky rice, and several others desserts for generations.

Like boil it? Make sure you cover the rice with plastic wraps before reheating in the microwave.

If you can't find palm sugar any sugar will work. Prepare the steamer with a banana leaf. Perfect recipe. Serve the sticky rice with the chilled mangoes.

Add coconut milk to the cooked glutinous rice until it becomes a thick and sticky consistency. Sticky rice is commonly served with a sweet or savory topping of lentils or beans. You can make the sticky rice ahead of time but you want to have fresh mango.

The recepi is easy to follow. How to prepare sticky rice. When the glutinous rice is cooked, transfer it in to a bowl. Garnish with some toasted mung beans.

or this site may be reproduced without prior written permission. Mango Sticky Rice is sweetened sticky rice with fresh mangoes. While the rice is cooking, cut the mangoes into small cubes and chill in the refrigerator until use. Here are the steps to cook sticky glutinous rice: Microwave is the best way to reheat sticky rice. Sticky rice. In a sauce pan, heat up the coconut milk over low heat.

Scoop on to a plate and serve with juicy mango.

No part of the content (digital photographs, recipes, articles, etc.)

Didn’t have mongo, so served it with peach compote from a can. Drain the glutinous rice and spread it out on the banana leaf. Warm the rice for 1-2 minutes in the microwave. Added coconut milk and Canadian maple syrup for sweetness. Tom Yum Soup Please try more recipes on my site: https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/. This recipe is amazing! Pour the rest of the coconut milk into the bowl and mix it with the glutinous rice. Enjoy. It’s a popular dessert in the Indochina region (or in French “Indochine“) of Southeast Asia: Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Jasmine rice is not sticky rice. This mango sticky rice recipe is only 222 calories. Sticky rice is the star of the dish.