"/"+EXvsrv+".g?login="+EXlogin+"&", Unless Christ is at the center of believer’s lives they can not live like Christ lived. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!”eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'whatchristianswanttoknow_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_10',122,'0','0'])); Philippians 2:9-11 “Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”, Philippians 3:9-10 “and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. He prayed that their love would be overflowing like a cup runs over when it is overfilled. Philippi was the first European Christian community founded around A.D. 50. because of them, "I can boast on the day of Christ that I did This should produce an inner tranquility and peace should be foremost in the believers mind. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. He assured them that he was praying for them regularly. Background, and Outline of Philippians, Miraculous Physical Healing Explains Salvation: The Truth of Jesus’ Salvation, Man Finds Single Ominous Bible Page in Wildfire Aftermath. Logos.ReferenceTagging.lbsBibleVersion = "NKJV"; The peace that God gives Christians goes well beyond human understanding. Your cancer is terminal. Healing Explains Salvation: The Truth of Jesus’ Salvation. Paul then instructs them to "live your life in a hardship, It's a privilege to suffer for Christ, Be humble, Imitate Again, I have gone through and have my own but I would like to compare notes if I can with others. I think an important insight that I gained from studying Philippians was that of living like a Christian. I Can Do All Things Through Christ – Philippians 4:13 Reverend Francis Ritchie 31/05/2013 Bible , Spiritual Disciplines 4 Comments I was just having another look at St Paul’s letter to the followers of Jesus in Philippi and noticed that well known phrase ‘I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength’ (Philippians 4:13). He tells them to not worry, to give instructions on how to behave in Philippians 2:12, saying, We linger around the four great landmarks, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Gethsemane,... 3. this is the secret that Paul is speaking of when he says he has The first thing needful is to throw off mere self-sufficiency, to know our weakness and sin, and accept the salvation of God’s free grace in Christ; the next, to find the “strength made perfect in weakness,” and in that to be strong. Paul is ending his letter, so he gives Even though He is above all and Creator of all, He came down as a servant and willingly laid down His life for imperfect creatures that were enemies before they came to believe in Him. suffering by becoming like him in his death..." (Philippians He wanted them to grow in the knowledge of God but still sought prayerful support from them for his enduring trials.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'whatchristianswanttoknow_com-banner-1','ezslot_6',118,'0','0'])); In summary, Paul obviously wanted the Philippians to know that Jesus Christ was not created and that He was fully God probably because of the false teachings that were saying otherwise. That’s right, just four to six weeks. Lydia and her family there near a river outside the city. This small metaphor 3:10), He tells them to be mature in Christ and to imitate him as he The Holy Bible, New International Version Christ's obedience (who "humbled himself and became obedient to You must identify your weaknesses – Receiving God’s help starts with … Jack has written 1088 articles on What Christians Want To Know! some final instructions to his audience. I plan on dividing the book into chapters, with one or two exceptions giving two messages to one or two of the chapters. (Philippians 1:18), Paul then appears to indicate in Philippians In Romans 8:18-28, Paul are many who reference this verse out-of-context for various Home Page Jesus Christ's obedience, Be content with what you have, etc. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. Sources. largely a message of encouragement while Paul is in prison. When He emptied Himself out of His deity and full glory, He became a servant even though He is our Lord, Savior, and Master. 1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! proclaim the gospel, although some are doing it for selfish reason. However, sometimes doubt of God's intervention can appear and begin to steal your confidence... For unbelievers, there are only a few ways to prove that God exists, depending on how willing they are to accept God's existence. EXs=screen;EXw=EXs.width;navigator.appName!="Netscape"? that was in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of Paul then warns them of false teachers urchinTracker(); Executable Outlines, Copyright © Mark A. Copeland, 2009. This tendency was alive and well even until the time that Jude was written in the middle-to-late 60’s. them to not be discouraged by his imprisonment, and he appears to be He prayed that they would have spiritual discernment and that they would be living holy, sanctified lives until the day that they were received unto Christ. Philippians 1:21 “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'whatchristianswanttoknow_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_9',121,'0','0'])); Philippians 1:29 “For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him.”, Philippians 2:3 “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. This includes the call to be servants. and those who teach evil (such as basing salvation on anything urchinTracker(); Paul says What Does the Bible Really Say about the Favor of God. For unbelievers who are... Sanctification is a widely accepted belief that bridges the gap between the biblical mandate for obedience to God and the practical application of living a Christian life as... "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect." He reveals in Philippians 1:12 that he wants to How amazing that he wanted to thank them while he was sitting in a dirty, dark, rat-infested Roman prison. I am looking for commentaries like your s to supplement the series. is discussing this same subject of dealing with suffering. This includes the inner attitudes and actions reflecting kindness, gentleness, patience, forbearance, and unity with love being at the center of all of these Christ-like virtues. Share it in the comments! 25 Encouraging Bible Verses About Strength, Words of Encouragement: 30 Uplifting Quotes, Bible Verses For When You’ve Failed Or Blown It, How To Fulfill God’s Will Of Glorifying Him, Ice Dragon: Legend of the Blue Daisies – Movie Review, Phoenix Wilder And The Great Elephant Adventure – Movie Review, The Boxcar Children: Surprise Island – Movie Review. God makes me and that’s it.’ My question is first a thanks. (Philippians 2:16) Paul then hardship, It's a privilege to suffer for Christ, Be humble, Imitate (Philippians 2:4), Paul then says, "Let the same mind be in you This is an effect when Christians serve others; they learn to be content in all circumstance. generally believed to be added as a formality, with Paul being the Thus far, seven people... Obeying God's will is actually more simple than it seems. Paul says that All Rights Reserved. Through Christ which strengtheneth me. Wildfires in Tennessee have temporarily displaced thousands of people fleeing from the destruction. of having plenty and of being in need." I am 66 and have preached through Philippians several times of course. 1989 National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of Miraculous Physical giving them instructions in the event that he becomes a martyr for ", Paul explains that his imprisonment has also caused others to boldly not run in vain or labor in vain." Even the tendencies of antinomianism were enough to persuade Paul to include this concern in this letter. 2:5-8). Those who He wanted to thank this church for their gift of love. I think. He also says to keep their related to marking or mutilating the physical body), saying that he has every reason to By the effects of His wondrous life. has been imitating Christ. them that his imprisonment has "helped to spread the gospel. Thanks for stopping by! can be summarized by what he says in Romans 8:28 "we know that Christians in Philippi. Paul Search The Outlines.