The post 10 exercises to shake off the writing doldrums appeared first on PR Daily. MORE, Anyone can write, but it takes hard, strategic work to become a good writer. She contends writing skills can be taught in the workplace. The press release is basically the butter knife of the PR writers'' toolkit," says Long, who is director of writing at MPS/PRCC at Georgetown University. People out and about taking their daily exercise have created hundreds of pebble stacks on our local beach in Whitley Bay. Writing can be a therapeutic, relaxing way to share ideas and express yourself. With accountability, public figures are responsible for the truth, or lack of truth, in what they say, write, and publish. When you write for a living, it can be easy to forget that you enjoy doing it for fun. For information about how we use information you provide to us, please read our Privacy Policy. “To Writing for different mediums. One exercise is to probe any innovative or provocative point of view, ideas that advance an industry or flip some previously held notions, or offer predictions for the future. The press release is basically the butter knife of the PR writers'' toolkit," says Long, who is director of writing at MPS/PRCC at Georgetown University. A version of this post first appeared on Business 2 Community. INSTRUCTIONS: The following information is from an actual news release. She contends writing skills can be taught in the workplace. MORE, For me, this means making some form of exercise a regular part of my day, whatever shape that exercise takes, getting enough rest, and eating better food… which means I have to cook more, and cook regularly. Behavioral Psychology Media Science. Sometimes there’s a mental blockage from something that’s been bothering you, so write it down and get it out of your system. We can use your profile and the content you share to understand your interests and provide content that is just for you. I’m writing on my blog more than ever. In order to receive our emails, you must expressly agree. Writing for Time magazine, Eric Barker discusses a few techniques to catalyze your compassion for others: Loving-kindness meditation - LKM is a meditative technique purposed to increase feelings of warmth and caring for self and others. During this one-day workshop, Mark Ragan and Jim Ylisela will share proven techniques guaranteed to revive YOU and your writing. MORE, And this is a fun and interesting exercise that could ultimately provide you with some very cool blog headlines. As a Corporate Communications Manager, you could find yourself writing media releases, speeches, website content, newsletter content and more. Initially, when writing pitches, I was also guilty of waffling for several lines rather than explaining everything in one concise line and letting the data speak for itself.