Roast until deeply browned, about 20 minutes. When I got the book home I handed it to Makrand (my partner) and asked him what he would like me to cook, he bypassed all the salads and went to the sweets – so I will be soon reviewing some of those including a grilled banana slice. This is a protein packed quinoa and lentil salad. Quinoa, lentil & feta salad; Save recipe. Deciding which recipe to review first was easy as I had a cauliflower in the crisper. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring enough water to cover lentils to a simmer, add a pinch of salt and cook lentils until tender, 15 minutes. It is right up my street this book as it has pages and pages of salad recipes which can easily be made into wholesome filling meals. Covid-19: Shop employee diagnosed with coronavirus says she never called in sick, Covid-19 alert level 1 remains; concerns about tracking app use, Seven hurt after two cars collide in Christchurch, Quiz: Afternoon trivia challenge: November 13, 2020, US election: Donald Trump is mad at Fox News again: 'They forgot the Golden Goose', Family man and keen triathlete killed while cycling in Canterbury, Two Wellington men arrested after record seizure of 'date rape' drug believed to be imported from China, Man who opened fire on boy racers near Hamilton revealed, Two senior US Homeland Security officials forced out as White House firings widen, US election: Fears at the Pentagon about the orders of all the President's men, 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped. This recipe has been a tried and true go-to meal for me for many years. Toss with drained quinoa, rice and lentils. Watch this space for the new facebook page and please feel free to pass on this blog post to others. With gratitude Veet, Tags:lentils quinoa cauliflower Currants Asparagus, Only Fourteen More Sleeps I am bursting with excitement as we have an exact... Read more, Marinated Zucchini, Spring Onions & Corn Bread Galette with Cashew... Read more, A Mexican Millet Chilli for Both Spring and Autumn Hope you are all well... Read more, Learn how to cook incredibly delicious vegan food. We also learn in a hands on way how to cook beans and legumes in the foundation module of the training. 1 cauliflower cut into small florets 1 bunch asparagus cut into 1 cm pieces on an angle 1 ½ cups puy lentils cooked 1 ½ cup cooked quinoa ½ bunch of parsley or rocket 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint salt to taste extra olive oil Serves 4 as a side or 2 as a main. This is a delicious and warming salad that is easy to make and can be kept in the fridge for a few day. loading... Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. By Silvana Franco. Share on facebook. Recipe . And because I find plain lentils to be very bland, I season them with lemon, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and a good bit of sea salt and pepper. There are 4 more places left for the April course and 8 for the May course. Serves 4. For the Salad ingredients. It’s a healthy, protein-packed salad that can be made ahead of time. Amongst those books was a great new cookbook called Neighbourhood by Hetty Mckinnon. {Vegan+Vegetarian} In searching through my recipe archives, I discovered that I have one cauliflower … There’s a triple punch of protein by using quinoa, lentils and walnuts. Super healthy and perfect for picnics or a warm summer day. Reply Like (8) Save post Report. Toss cauliflower in flour mix. Serve the salad with a spoonful more of the sauce. The sweet and sour sauce was something I had never tried making as it included sugar and I really don’t use sweetener in my savoury dishes but decided to give it a go using maple syrup instead of caster sugar. 45 ratings. If you want to learn how to cook beans and lentils to avoid intestinal discomfort check out my blog post. DELICIOUS AND NUTRITIOUS: This salad will fill you up. Reply (1) Report. In a large bowl, toss together roasted cauliflower, arugula, quinoa, lentils and dressing. This by no means is a vegan cookbook but definitely is vegetarian. Toss the cauliflower with olive oil, turmeric and salt and spread out on a lined baking sheet. Heat three tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan, add cauliflower and fry over low heat for 10 minutes, until soft. I suggest trying my version of the recipe and really do recommend either buying Neighbourhood by Hetty Mckinnon or putting it on your birthday wish list, it truly is a marvelous cookbook. Read more details about the Modules here. Let the quinoa cool slightly. If you’re looking for a super easy but incredible salad, this lentil quinoa salad is it. In a small saucepan, bring quinoa and 2 cups of water to a simmer, cooking until tender and all liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes. Quinoa lentil and Cauliflower Salad with a Currant Sauce; Book review time. Rate. Check for salt. I put the cauliflower quinoa lentils into a casserole dish and added the sauce and baked until it was golden and bubbling. Agoodenough. Drain and set aside. This is a delicious and warming salad that is easy to make and can be kept in the fridge for a few day. Steam or boil the asparagus for 5 to 8 minutes. I also had lentils soaking so decided to use them too for more protein  and changed the parmesan to pepita sprinkle and used quinoa instead of faro (due to me being gluten free) I purchased a bunch of asparagus and loosely followed the rest of the recipe. I have to say Jerry that looks absolutely delicious! Cook red rice and lentils in a large pot of boiling, lightly salted water for 20 minutes. Cook time 20mins. Prep time 10mins. It’s a pretty salad as well – with the contrasting red and white of the tomatoes and feta popping against the quinoa and lentils. Combine tahini, lemon juice, 1/4 cup water, maple syrup and salt in a jar with a lid, close and shake well until the mixture is emulsified, 1-2 minutes. Hope you find space to try out this recipe as it is a real winner especially for those who are partial to sweet tastes.