It doesn’t play like manlands normally do, which is to provide action after you run out, but it does make your best draws better. So below are two separate lists for the Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash sets, followed by a 56-card Dragon’s Maze add-on that I recommend using as glue (the hybrid works without it, but some mechanics do need some extra support to work in a bigger Battle Box). The block was released over 2012–2013. When you want this, it’s going to be great, but you won’t want it all that often. [card]Think Twice[/card].

In the green decks, it’s a finisher for after the board stalls, and in the red deck it’s used to force the last five points of damage through. It is a little frail, which is why it isn’t rated higher, but it’s still pretty nice.

Period. I sincerely hope this isn’t good enough for Constructed. Being a split card of Into the Roil without kicker plus Upheaval all their nonlands is awesome, and I don’t even think you need combos to make this a very good card. With the state of dual lands that currently exists, there really isn’t a reason to play this over the appropriate Keyrune.

4. If this is good enough for Ravnica this time around, I’ll be disappointed. Return to Ravnica Set Review – Conclusion.

Who says there isn’t justice? This page was last edited on 22 August 2020, at 22:29.

Each of these rare spells are thematically unrelated, except for their being hybrid spells. One mana for all that is definitely a bargain. That alone makes it playable, if clunky. At four, you just can’t play too many of these. Going late, this could let you play more lands in a controlling deck, while still having lategame gas. I’ve searched for a reason to play this, and came up empty.

His ability is more likely to be a drawback than anything else, since unless you are a dedicated mill deck, you are way more likely to mill a scavenge card than actually kill them with it.

I can’t with all honesty say I know exactly where this fits, but I’m willing to give it the benefit of the doubt to begin with. Taking up a land slot is a substantial cost, but because you get a 2/2 Knight as well, you can ignore the land’s ability until you’ve cast all your spells.

It’s also a great answer to various Zombie and/or [card]Thragtusk[/card]-type threats, since unlike traditional removal, it doesn’t actually remove them. I like this Keyrune more than most, since letting your land trade for any ground guy is definitely something I’d be interested in.

Welcome to the conclusion of my Return to Ravnica set review. Having a lot of solid cards is almost always worse than having a couple insane ones and a bunch of mediocre ones, but this is a common situation for blue. If playing that color, I essentially always play these. Reviewing every card does take some time, especially when you have to think of incredibly clever/horrible puns for most of them, but it’s time to wrap things up. [card]Tower Drake[/card]

As usual, this review was a lengthy affair, partially due to such things as a team Grand Prix and flying to San Jose. [card]Supreme Verdict[/card] Rest in Peace (Given that I’m playing that color, I will play this card 90% of the time. I do like it more than the Arrester, simply because the swing from detaining two guys is much bigger, and because you want to top off your curve with a detainer instead of lead with one. In the Constructed column, blue has absolutely nothing to complain about. Any card that resembles Upheaveal is worth considering, and even though this doesn’t do the whole Armageddon thing (which is probably for the best), it still has a hugely powerful effect.

Here, you get a 2/1 with detain instead of a 2/2, and that’s certainly a good deal. Either way, this isn’t Return to Zendikar, and the Griffin will do just fine.

[card]Avacyn’s Pilgrim[/card].

If you need a 2/5, you need a 2/5—but don’t get excited about it. As both a [card]Regrowth[/card] and a [card]Millstone[/card], this leaves much to be desired. People love lifelink, and who can blame them? ), 2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me into this color. 5.0: I will always play this card. I’ll be honest, I couldn’t figure out what this does, but I assume it’s bad. Graveyard hosers are getting serious. Selesnya got the lion’s share of uncommons, with the best Charm, the best Guildmage, and an incredibly synergistic Watchwolf. ), 2.5: Several cards of this power level start to pull me into this color. If you need a finisher, and expect to have enough creatures out to take advantage of it, this does a good job. Nobody is playing this for its rate, though potential synergies do exist. [card]Bonfire of the Damned[/card]. I can’t imagine the beast of a deck that wants this, but I look forward to finding out.

1. 10.

It would be really funny if this countered other overload cards, but alas, that isn’t how it works. The development codenames for the Return to Ravnica expansions were "Hook", "Line", and "Sinker".

Return to Ravnica (RTR) is the first set in the Return to Ravnica block following the Innistrad block. Another card I can swiftly put in the category of Limited-only combat tricks. (I believe it was tech vs Owling Mine, although fairly suspicious tech at that.).

You are going to steal more cards with Scroll Thief than this, just because Scroll Thief lives through more combats. It would have been awesome if switching was not optional, forcing them to take one of your lands every turn while you steal their actual permanents. If you need a 3-drop, this does the trick. You will also probably win if you get to -2 a few times, assuming you have other good stuff to dig to. Any permutation of exiling their guys and your guys is going to be favorable, and the further ahead you are, the more of your own cards you are going to want to exile. 3.0: Archetype staple. Jace is awesome, and I expect it to show up in multiple formats. You follow that up by playing a second Angel, this time exiling their two best guys plus your first Angel. (30%), 0.5: There are situations where I might sideboard this into my deck, but I’ll never start it. (Bear in mind that many cards fall into this category, although explanation of why is obviously important. Depending on the speed of the format, this (and most of the other 2-drops), could certainly rank higher. [card]Voidwielder[/card]. It perpetually neutralizes their best creature, is relatively cheap to play, and I can only assume quite difficult to remove. Despite [card]Rupture Spire[/card] seeing vague amounts of play in Block, the shockland cycle does away with Transguild Promenade’s chances this time around. 3. 2.5: Role-player in some decks, but not quite a staple. If playing that color, I essentially always play these. His resume includes eight PT top 8s with a win at Berlin in 2008, fifteen GP Top 8s with five wins, and a Hall of Fame induction in 2013. A three-card Fact or Fiction is very close to drawing two cards, especially once you factor in the information imbalance between you and your opponent. I didn’t even know they came in +1.

I loved Saltfield Recluse, but tacking on three extra mana to the activation cost makes this a horse of a different color. [card]Sphinx’s Revelation[/card] If the Guildgates are ordered in guild order, a message is revealed.[7]. [card]Armada Wurm[/card]