Save up some glass jars and lids, tie a ribbon with a recipe tag onto the jar, and share the tasty treats with friends, neighbors, or anyone else who deserves one. Browse all slow cooker chicken recipes, or try one of these: Apricot and thyme are a match made in heaven. Enjoy! This intensely flavorful preserve is made with the panty staple of dried apricots. Here are my best tips to get this recipe perfect. I make easy and healthy everyday recipes that your family will love! Even in the middle of winter, grab your slow cooker and a container of dried apricots and get cooking. The meat is tender and so juicy – can’t wait to try your recipe! I definitely don’t use my slow cooker enough – but you have inspired me to get it out of the cupboard and make this lovely dish,. You can store leftover apricot chicken in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Apricot jam – sticky, sweet and delicious. I'm inspired to try jam making in my slow cooker now, I never thought of doing that before! They are so delicious! Finely chop the apricots in a food processor or with a knife. There is no need to open the lid or stir the chicken. The thyme is a great way to add flavour too . *When spreading the jam on the chicken, be careful not to put any utensil that has been in contact with the raw chicken into a jam jar as this leads to cross contamination. This juicy slow cooker apricot chicken with crispy skin is in my humble opinion one of the best dishes you can make in your slow cooker. For more tips, learn how to use a slow cooker. Your email address will not be published. There will never be anything more delicious than those golden treasures eaten straight from the tree and warmed by the sun, best enjoyed while still in amongst the leaves and perched on a ladder; all that sticky juice making a glorious mess of one's fingers! Thanks for the great inspiration, You’re very welcome! Line the bottom of a slow cooker with carrots and onions. If you use any other cut of chicken, like boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts, this might change the cooking time. This recipe is very simple, but this is actually just as easy as it sounds. Now if you are craving the sweet treat, you don't have to wait until summer. Serving suggestions Add a small bowl of it to your next cheese plate. Instead, temporarily move the jam to a small bowl or plate before spreading it over the meat. Jump to:Ingredients If you are adding any other ingredients, make sure they are all done with a uniform chop. Make sure the pieces are all uniform. Apricot preserves make a great gift for the holidays or any time of year. Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours, and serve. One common appetite for culinary adventures! This dish is definitely a great place to start. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until tender. This slow cooker apricot chicken must be one of my favorite recipes ever. Pour glaze mixture over tenderloin. Let the glass jars cool before sealing. Slow cooker meals are my fav and your recipe sounds delicious. This delicious, simple slow cooker apricot chicken is so easy to make, and makes a perfectly tender, sweet chicken. Add the chicken thighs to a slow cooker, skin side up, Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to spread the jam over the chicken thighs, try to cover the entire surface of the skin*, Sprinkle the thyme over the chicken, again trying to cover the whole surface. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 75 C / 165 F before serving it. Alternatively, it can be frozen for up to 3 months. The flavors are fantastic together . Apricot chicken is a classic, but I think this recipe would be just as good with marmalade or cranberry jam. I love the simple 3 ingredient recipe! They will be sweet and can satisfy a sweet craving. They will be very tender after cooking all day in the slow cooker, and you won't have to worry about serving tough or dried out meat. How to make slow cooker apricot chicken. Paprika suggested: “ A blog!”. I love thyme with sweet chicken, but you could definitely remove it, or replace with another herb or spices. The chicken will just be more tender. Run a knife or a thin … Storing leftovers Keep in mind that the chicken skin might not be as crispy after storing it. Use it as an oatmeal topping or place small spoonfuls in your next batch of thumbprint cookies. #feast-advanced-jump-to {z-index:999;border:none;opacity:0.97;background: #FCFCFC; border-left:4px solid #CCC; padding:5px 0 10px 20px;} #feast-advanced-jump-to summary, #feast-advanced-jump-to ul{ margin-left:0;min-height:50px;} #feast-advanced-jump-to li { list-style-type:none; } #feast-advanced-jump-to li a { text-decoration: none; }@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) {.single h2 { display: block; position: relative;padding-top:83px;margin-top:-83px;}} Get daily tips and expert advice to help you take your cooking skills to the next level. Use a spoon or spatula to spread the jam over the chicken thighs. Picking apricots from my grandma's tree is at the heart of my childhood summertime memories. Apricot pork chops are easy enough to make for a family meal, but they also can be served to guests. This is less than the standard kilo-for-kilo fruit and sugar ratio, but I don't like my jam so sweet. ), The Spruce Eats uses cookies to provide you with a great user experience. If you are looking for some variation, add in chopped yellow raisins (dark raisins will change the color of the preserves). Recipe. Any chunks will impact the smoothness of the preserves. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Oh you really should! The low, slow cooking of the crockpot can enhance strong flavors. Avoid removing the lid while the chicken is cooking, as this causes the slow cooker to loose a lot of heat. Ladle into clean glass jars. Read more about it in the privacy policy.