Learn more in the Comment Policy section of our Terms of Use page. Still, whether or not true vegetarians will feel comfortable eating a veggie burger grilled on the the same spot as many beef and chicken patties remains to be seen. Should make 5 to 6. Sweet Potatoes and Apples Combine in This Glorious Holiday Pie. Some HTML is OK: link, strong, em. Let the machine run, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, until the mixture is thoroughly combined but not puréed, about 1 minute. 105 West Ferguson StreetTyler, TX 75702(903) 597-5588. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. Reviews of fast food burgers and a look at how the real life version compares to the advertised beauty shot. for Serious Eats since 2010. Stir-fried rice noodles with shrimp, pork, and vegetables. These are the crispiest, most flavorful roast potatoes you'll ever make. Cook for one minute thirty seconds on first side then flip and cook for another minute adding cheese if desired after flip. The smash and sear method of cooking really works for this burger. Still, despite the fact that eating it was a bit awkward, and I was wishing for a privacy screen, this is a veggie burger I'd go back for. The chips and croutons need to be finely crushed before adding. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the remaining can of black beans and the bread crumbs. That being said, the patty was so smashed that it was about 30 percent bigger than the bun. Once all items are in the bowl, mix with gloved hands until it is a solid mass with beans visible throughout. With all of the spice, the patty is almost flavorful enough to eat by itself, but like all veggie burgers, is better with additional toppings to round out the texture. Then add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix until well combined. Turns out the burger has been available in San Diego since the downtown location opened, but I never noticed it (most likely because it's hiding at the very bottom of the menu, after the chicken, salads, sides, and even shakes). Smashburger's black bean burger is made from a mix of black beans, bread crumbs, crushed blue corn tortillas, cilantro, cumin, salt, and "other seasonings." Erin has been digging up the best bites in San Diego (and beyond!) And go follow us on Twitter while you're at it! Then place in Refrigerator for at least on hour. Add to mixing bowl. Once all items are in the bowl, mix with gloved hands until it is a solid mass with beans visible throughout. Love hamburgers? If you see something not so nice, please, report an inappropriate comment. Then you'll Like AHT on Facebook! We reserve the right to delete off-topic or inflammatory comments. This will allow moisture accumulation. Smashburger's black bean burger is made from a mix of black beans, bread crumbs, crushed blue corn tortillas, cilantro, cumin, salt, and "other seasonings." Then add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl. Portion into 5.3 oz burger balls. The patty had a crust on the outside and wasn't too mealy or mushy on the inside. Do not rinse. Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest recipes and tips! The Spicy Baja (with pepper jack, chipotle mayo, jalapeños, and guac on a chipotle bun) was a good fit, particularly because of the patty's Mexican flavor profile, but the ingredients posed some difficulties, and not all elements were properly executed. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy. With all of the spice, the patty is almost flavorful enough to eat by itself, but like all veggie burgers, is better with additional toppings to round out the texture. Veggie burgers aren't a big part of my diet, but when I heard that better-than-average fast food chain Smashburger was in the process of rolling out veggie burgers across the nation, I was curious. Drain black beans. The chips and croutons need to be finely crushed before adding. Once this is done mash each ball on a skillet or flat top grill to desired thickness.