Herman, Hi Herman, Dark green with ridges that run every quarter inch or so through the length of the squash, Chinese okra does not have much in common with the little finger-length squash we know as okra in the States. ©2018 Taste of Asian Food. Either way, this refreshing and comforting soup will be a hit for you and your family. Ridge Melon/Gourd & Split Gram Lentils Curry Recipe…, Crispy Aloo Parwal (Potato-Pointed gourd) Bhujiya Recipe, Masaledar Aloo Parwal Curry Recipe |Spicy Potato &…, Dhuska Recipe With Yellow Pea Curry (Traditional way), Sago vada for Fasting | Vrat falahari Sago vada |Non fried vada. Gourds pair well with dal, as in the lovely ridge gourd moong dal. Prepare 6 cups of soup base by using one liter of chick stock. This soup just hit the bullseye, and I missed it so much since I am no longer staying with her. Cut the red dates to half and remove the seed. Add red dates and the mushrooms, followed by the winter melon, dried shrimps, and goji berries. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Cut the red dates to half and remove the seed. Sponge gourd can be stored in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Confession time: I had to Google "nenua in English" for this post. It helps to release the flavor while boiling. Then put the chicken or pork into the water. I love the subtle flavor of winter melon and the aroma of dried shiitake mushrooms. I am pleased to reply to any questions and comments as soon as possible. JQ Naturally Chinese Dried Dates Big Jujube Red Dates Organic Healthy Food 2 LB As a Snack As a Baking Or Make Tea, Havista Dried Premium Flower Shiitake Mushrooms, 6 Ounce. Now it is ready to add to the soup base. Remove the pith and cut the winter melon into small cubes or one cm thick slices. If you are using meaty pork ribs, there’s no need to pass through the strainer. KP Kwan. Cut off the skin of the winter melon. Pour only the top portion as it may have some sand and dirt which sink to the bottom. Well, I am now finishing my third bowl! Bring it to a boil. Add more rice flour if the mixture is loose. I love the subtle flavor of winter melon and the aroma of dried shiitake mushrooms. Instant Ragi Rava Dhokla / Ragi Dhokla / Finger Mi... Cauliflower Kheer / Gobi Ki Kheer Recipe / Caulifl... Thakkali Sadam Made With Cauliflower Rice / Tomato... Thai Shrimp Fried With Basil / Pad Krapow Kung, Egg Avial / Mutta Thoran / Egg in Thick Coconut Paste. Adjust seasoning with fish sauce or salt. Marinate the chicken meat with salt, cornstarch, soy sauce, and wine. You can see the sense of her interests in her articles. See more ideas about Loofah, Recipes, Asian recipes. It is like egg drop soup with added sweet corns.
Therefore, I will cook other ingredients first before adding the winter melon. Keep the mushroom stock, added to the soup later. Add pork and sauté for 3 minutes or until browned and no longer pink.

c) Do not boil the vegetable too much they will loose it's shape. The dried shrimp is my ides which she never used it before.

All Rights Reserved. Soak the goji berries and dried red dates with water. Cool and then add the nuts,saffron,cardamom powder and khoya mix well. Filed Under: Ingredients. Please bear in mind the time and effort I have put to publish these posts. Ethnic/Cultural Info The Sponge gourd is used in various cuisines and traditional medicines. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Green chili fry (bhuni hari mirch) is just the thing for you! Remove the stem and cut them into small dices.

How To Make Hasselback Potatoes? Preparation: Let the sponge gourds grow until they dry on the vine.

I will share more of those dishes I had when I was young on this food blog. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Serve it with rice or chapatis. Stir fry and cook it unless its rawness vanishes. For the latter it had always been pork bones or a piece of lean mean or pig’s tail or chicken cut into pieces.