(No extra sugar needed.) Using a serrated knife, trim tops of cakes if domed. Strain the juice and keep it aside. Oh, and mint chip ice cream! Once the sides of the cake are covered, use you, Use remaining frosting to pipe the florets on the top of the cake using an Ateco 846 tip, Any type of milk can be used (full, reduced or low-fat). For the Strawberry Frosting: Whip butter for 8 minutes on medium speed using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer. If you swirl on the frosting with a pastry bag like we have done here, you should be able to frost 15-18 cupcakes depending on the size of the swirl. Add the pureed strawberries, lemon juice sugar and stir well. I'm Laura, the food-obsessed cook, writer and photographer behind Fork Knife Swoon, where you'll find mostly sweet, seasonal recipes and stories from my Northern Virginia kitchen. watching it J. This Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Cake is made up of light chiffon cake My boyfriend has requested that I try the same sponge with a dark chocolate ganache. Mix at high speed. Place on a serving platter. Made this cake for an Easter dessert. Disclosure: Please note some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Next mix in the sour cream and beat until well combined. I naturally fell head over heels in love with this cake after the first bite. Puree Fresh or Frozen Strawberries show in the next post. Hi, I'm Darlene. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Add the heavy cream to the mixture and mix on low, scraping the sides, until it is fully mixed in. 6 large eggs, separated White Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix Cream cheese is a good substitute if you don't have mascarpone cheese handy. This is great to add to pies, fresh fruit, and everywhere else! I'm the creator, photographer, baker,  recipe tester of Make Fabulous Cakes. Be the first to hear about new recipes and tutorials, e-courses, and more! we live twenty miles outside of washington, d.c.. until thick and stiff peaks form. ","position":11,"name":"Fold mixture a couple of times with a...","url":"https:\/\/www.twosisterscrafting.com\/strawberry-whipped-cream-frosting\/#mv_create_136_11"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Turn mixer back on for just a few revolutions. Subscribe to my newsletter and get my fav tips to take your cakes & cupcakes to the next level. Although it turned out well, and looked pretty, my family were not fond of it. Add Whipping Cream and Strawberry Puree to a chilled mixing bowl. I will not make this cake again. finish the cake, you can decorate it with whole strawberries cut in half. Also check to make sure the pudding hasn’t clumped on the bottom. If saving the frosting … A light and airy frosting infused with the perfect amount of strawberry flavor. Mascarpone is the Italian version of cream cheese and is has a more delicate, subtle taste with a smoother texture. Set aside. It’s the perfect strawberry and cream cake. If you notice it starting to wilt, whip it for a couple minutes, and if needed, s. For any layer cake, you want to make sure to cut the dome off the top of the cake, so it’s nice and flat on top. Sift cake flour with baking pans and bake for about 40 minutes. Mascarpone cream frosting: 2 cups (240 ml) heavy whipping cream 1 cup (125 gm) powdered sugar 2 tsp vanilla 8 oz (226 gm) mascarpone cheese. Here is a semi-naked version with berries on top. The recipe is quite simple, and uses basic pantry ingredients. It’s easy to prepare. Strawberry frosting with a twist – our creamy, light and not-too-sweet Whipped Cream frosting is infused with fresh strawberries and boy is this recipe a winner. This homemade Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting lasts for days and holds its shape like buttercream. While I have used strawberries for this recipe, you could definitely substitute your favorite berry. eggwhites till frothy. Spoon into a separate bowl and set aside. in hot water, wipe it dry and then cut the cake. On slow speed, mix whipping cream and pudding. It may also thicken more as it sets. Continue to mix on high. Add the second layer of cake and repeat the above steps using all of the remaining strawberry sauce. That always depends on how thick or thin you apply the frosting or how much decorating you do but here are a couple of guidelines. Gradually add remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Category: Frosting. Our recipe should make enough Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting to cover a 9″ x 13″ sheet cake or a two-layer 8″ cake. This homemade Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting lasts for days and holds its shape like buttercream. helpful tips, and exclusive offers. Mix just until the flour starts to incorporate. Mix the strawberry/whipping cream on high and until soft peaks form. There is very little flavor, and the whipped cream frosting needed to be sweeter for our taste. came out great! ","position":10,"name":"Check to make sure the pudding hasn't clumped...","url":"https:\/\/www.twosisterscrafting.com\/strawberry-whipped-cream-frosting\/#mv_create_136_10"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Fold mixture a couple of times with a spoon. And the cake is beautifully finished in wrapped chocolate which I will written by Nancy on July 10, 2019 ","position":12,"name":"Turn mixer back on for just a few...","url":"https:\/\/www.twosisterscrafting.com\/strawberry-whipped-cream-frosting\/#mv_create_136_12"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"DO NOT OVERMIX. Let's stay in touch! Sour cream is the secret to making a moist cake, and since this cake will be refrigerated, we really want to to be sure this cake won’t dry out. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. 2. Add the lemon zest and gently stir to combine. Cool completely prior to adding to the cake. peaks. Carefully fold in the This is a great buttercream frosting,very smooth and yummy. This doesn’t cost you anything additional and I truly appreciate this support, thank you! 1-1/4 cup of the sugar, oil, water, lemon zest and vanilla for about 5 Homemade whipped cream is good, but making some Mascarpone Whipped Cream is even better! ","url":"https:\/\/www.twosisterscrafting.com\/strawberry-whipped-cream-frosting\/#mv_create_136_3"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Mix until soft peaks form. This is where using a piping bag for the filling comes in real handy. Turn mixer back on for just a few revolutions. Get my fav tips to take your cakes & cupcakes to the next level. Add Whipping Cream and Strawberry Puree to a chilled mixing bowl. 1/4 cup Strawberry Puree UPDATE: The Chocolate Cake Wrap Tutorial is now available. in the ¼ cup of sugar and then let it whisk until stiff peaks. 2 1/2 cups METHOD. Place half of the whipped cream in a large, Spread half of the strawberry mixture over the cake, carefully filling the inside of the dam you created (so the sauce doesn’t leak out the sides). In another bowl, whisk the This post may contain affiliate sales links. and trim if necessary to create an even layer. Once it’s piped or spread, etc, it’ll stay put and nice and fluffy. When the frosting starts to come together, stop the mixer and scrape down the sides. It’s important to add just the right amount of flour. This helps prevent the cake from sliding. Fold a fourth of the egg whites into batter, then fold in remaining whites. 2 Comments // Leave a Comment ». Turn the mixer back on for just a few revolutions. Allow the puree to cool completely, refrigerating to help speed up the process. When it starts to come together, stop mixer and scrape down sides. —Carol Witczak, Tinley Park, Illinois, Strawberry Mascarpone Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home, Prep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 30 min. Totally worth turning on th, In case it’s a thousand degrees where you live t, Wishing you a happy - and socially distanced . + cooling. Most of all, I love that you can get a true vanilla taste in this cake and you know it’s homemade. If the frosting gets too thick add a little bit of milk 1 teaspoon at a time. Don't let the number of steps in this recipe fool you —it's easy to assemble. macerated strawberries. The mascarpone whipped cream will stay stable in the fridge for several days, even for a week, though it won’t remain as fresh. Check to make sure the pudding hasn't clumped on the bottom. Make a beautiful Pumpkin Cake with fall themed buttercream flowers and wafer paper leaves and more! 20 minutes Two Sisters Tip:  If the frosting doesn’t have a pretty enough pink color, add a tiny drop of pink food coloring. In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine the flour and sugar, and stir to combine. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/strawberry-mascarpone-cake If making the chocolate version, also add the cocoa. Hi! I love to slice into this cake and see that layer of fresh strawberries in between layers of whipped cream and vanilla cake. Trim the tops of the cake with a serrated knife if necessary. That said, as with all whipped cream, it's best practice to make the whipped cream as close to serving time as feasible. I think I'll also try making the batter into cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Serve immediately. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Home   |   About Me   |   Contact Me   |   Privacy Policy and Disclosure  |  Site Powered by Solo Build It, © Copyright 2008-2020 Make-Fabulous-Cakes.com, This post may contain affiliate links. Next, add the final layer of cake on top. 2. Just before serving, arrange strawberries over cake. Mixer Join our community for fresh recipes, Decorate with additional strawberries as desired. The images, tutorials and content on make-fabulous-cakes.com are protected by copyright laws. Use heavy cream, not whipping cream. 1 cup (125 gm) powdered sugar eggwhites in the batter until well mixed. Gently transfer to prepared pans. The butter will become pale and creamy. |. This stabilized whipped cream … My favorite desserts are cheesecakes, cupcakes and a good soft sugar cookie. First, I cut the strawberries into small pieces and then I gently puree them with a food processor. Very light, sweet, and delicious. Although Reduce heat and simmer for another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the strawberry puree starts to thicken. mix for a minute. Did you Make this Recipe? Leave a review below, then snap a picture and tag @twosisterscrafting on Instagram so we can see it! Bake your instant cake mix as instructed in the box. This has got to be one of my fave cakes of recent. Add the mascarpone cheese to the whipped cream and whip … https://tatyanaseverydayfood.com/recipe-items/berry-whipped-cream- ","url":"https:\/\/www.twosisterscrafting.com\/strawberry-whipped-cream-frosting\/#mv_create_136_5"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Mix at high speed. ","position":2,"name":"Add Whipping Cream and Strawberry Puree to a...","url":"https:\/\/www.twosisterscrafting.com\/strawberry-whipped-cream-frosting\/#mv_create_136_2"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Turn mixer on high.