The extra added stuff like poems and little sayings and a few short passages that are added to try and turn it more into a book don't really add anything. -As its name says, it is a little book. amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Learn to let go and give in, to consciously perceive the world with new eyes and to concentrate on the beautiful and positive things in life. Not a book to read straight through, but to have by your nightstand to pick up now and then when you need a little mindfulness inspiration. A couple I particularly liked were mindful walking and mindful eating. The Little Book of Mindfulness is a pocket-sized guide to help you calm your mind and lighten your spirit. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 July 2014. amzn_assoc_design = "enhanced_links"; The only thing there is is Now. This book is great for beginners -if you're looking to add mindfulness to your life and are new to the idea, then I'd recommend it. Perhaps some need a book to have it drilled in to them, or they don't quite understand until someone will a prefix to their name says something about it. Same old things I've seen in other books, so not really all that special. amzn_assoc_design = "enhanced_links"; Slow Down. This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Be the first to ask a question about The Little Book of Mindfulness. We have a rather vague idea of what it possibly means but without grasping its full meaning, we are losing out of the benefits of this powerful mental technique. Overall, an informative and well-developed book. It is a cute little book though. That being said, it’s the book’s simplicity that helps it really shine as a useful tool. I love this book for its gentleness and accessibility. The Little Book Of Mindfulness: Features At A Glance. It is sprinkled with lovely artwork throughout the pages. The Little Book Of Mindfulness Review. If you don’t have Audiobook, you can read this book free with your Audible trial. It's all about being kind to yourself; being more aware of the present moment; mindfully listening, eating, walking, speaking. Dont worry about the future or the past. A super cute book I picked up at the Wellcome gallery! The Little Book of Mindfulness By:Patrizia Collard Published on 2014-04-07 by Hachette UK |Everyone should read this. Of the 1,840 readers who have rated the book, have given it 5-star reviews. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. - Amazon Customer "Delightful little book." A charming collection of thoughts and notions in a small-sized book that fits cozily in a bed-side table. ( Log Out /  All of her books have gone on to become best-sellers. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; those who are just starting out with mindfulness. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Read 164 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. . It then delves deeper into the concept and how it can help with reducing stress. Aromatherapy Anywhere is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Click here to download a PDF version of this review “The Little Book of Mindfulness” is a secular book written by Dr Patrizia Collard who is an educator and author. I started this site as a way to share with others what I had learnt about the health benefits of aromatherapy and essential oils. I found it to be a little dull at times, but there were a couple ideas I highlighted. Still has some fairly good, if simple, ideas, but nothing spectacular. Format: Hardcover Verified Purchase. Dr. Collard’s wide range of approaches and methodologies includes mindfulness-based cognitive behavioral therapy, relaxation, yoga and meditation, core energy management, drama therapy, rational emotive behavior therapy, existential therapy, and self-hypnosis. This is something just about everybody can fit into their everyday schedule, no matter how hectic. Mindfulness techniques will help you focus on the present, changing the way you think, feel and act by releasing your mind of all that is around you. A book review by Karen Newbould “The Little Book of Mindfulness. As Rowan states on page 7: “Opening this book at any page will hopefully give you a recipe to remind you of the importance of staying (or more likely returning to) the here and now.”. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. I read a section a day and dragged it out. Reviews on the little book of mindfulness. It talks about why we need to be mindful and suggests exercises to put it into practice. Really useful when you find yourself getting impatient in queues, anxious in traffic, unsettled in waiting rooms or supermarkets or stressed-out at any time in any way. If you are seeking for an in-depth and detailed study on mindfulness as such, then, surely this little book is not for you (hence the name, I guess?). Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2017. It is a great collec. It offers readers the tools they need to pay attention to the activities of daily life that they would otherwise ignore.