At 35mins the cake was almost done and I gave it 5 more minutes. Let cool a few minutes before transferring to a serving tray. Anonymous, you are absolutely wrong. That's just insane because it would have been burned to a crisp.

Next time I make this cake, I will definitely use limeaid. I've tried this once before...in a Hummingbird Cake...turned out nasty! I kind of like a slight green color even if its caused by a few drops of green food coloring. Spread the icing between the layers and on the top and sides of the cake. I think 1 cup would be adequate.As for the color, I guess its personal preference. I'm not sure what your outcome will be with the regular gelatin but now I'm curious so please respond with the results if you decide to make it.Kelsey,I agree, it's an awesome summertime cake. You have successfully joined our subscriber list.

If you're looking for stronger flavor, I always use the recipe on www.bettycrocker.com for "key lime cupcakes", using vanilla or white mix instead of (and omit the glaze on top). I am a very experienced baker with a home cake business. Divide the batter evenly among the 3 pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Also I would add lime zest.

Gina, I'm serious about doing this for you if you want me to. I also used a 1/4 cup LESS oil than the recipe. I do prick the cake with a toothpick and then carefully spoon the lime/confectioner sugar over the cake.

If you bake this key lime cake, my sailor stationed in Navy at Bremerton would love it.
So no worries. I'm not sure who you are referring to Anonymous when you mention someone who obviously never bakes but it sounds like a snide & rude comment. I'm so disappointed. key lime juice doesn't seem to have quite the POW that regular lime does.

Hi Heidi! Beat in the confectioners' sugar until the mixture is smooth and easy to spread. I'm curious if you could make a serious short-cut... Use a vanilla or white box mix and replace the water with lime juice. I did make a couple of changes, I only used one cup of oil and I added lemon and lime zest to the batter. 1/4 cup apple sauce for 1/4 cup oil. Just fine tuning it I guess. Wasn't sure it would surface) I added 1/2 box (sm) key lime or lime jello to applesauce (used sugarfree jello). It has a very potent flavor and aroma.

Keeping the Kids Busy | Keeping the Family Fed, Strawberry And Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe, NYC to Niagara Falls: A Family Adventure Guide, Weekend Guide: 7 Activities To Do On The North Fork of Long Island, Family Road Trip Packing List – What To Pack For A Road Trip, Virtual Field Trips: 20 Online Virtual Tours You Can Take With The Kids Including Parks, Museums, And More, ½ cup Key lime juice (from about 25 small Key limes or 4 large regular limes), 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, room temperature.
That is about 45 minutes away. Everyone at work loved it, but some feedback was that it was too limey but still good.Next time I'm going to keep the orange juice, but substitute the lemons for limes. It was DELICIOUS and my entire family LOVED it!! Vera Sweeney – mom, blogger, and New York resident – is the founder of Lady and the Blog.

Limeaide concentrate is so potent that u can just mix it with a very small amount of water before using. I'm wanting to make a key line cake for my grandmothers 80th birthday.

The icing was good. I do think next time I will cut back on the oil some, but overall this was a fresh, citrusy cake that I will absolutely make again!