I will say that in my adventure, I found a new flavor of Cheetos that is surprisingly unique: Torciditos, a Mexican import, speckled with visible flecks of seasoning that tastes like a fancy flower married a smoky chile and lived happily ever after in cheesy domesticity. The result? Your Ad Choices Sitemap 233,893, This story has been shared 67,254 times. Here's What Famous Food Network Chefs Are Doing, I Tried All The Lunchables And Ranked Them . Don't knock it 'til you try it though—pizza … Others found their go-to combinations while dining at a restaurant (36 percent) or via social media (33 percent) — and three in four are proud to share their unexpected food … Absolutely fantastic. It is important to us that you are aware of data we are collecting about you and how we are doing it. Nearly one in four (39 percent) of those surveyed choose to eat their dessert first while 41 percent skip breakfast altogether to enjoy a larger lunch instead. Your California Privacy Rights Commissioned by the SPAM brand and conducted by OnePoll, the survey found respondents were most likely to have discovered their favorite food combinations from family or friends (41 percent). Sep 19, 2020 Julia and I asked for your favorite weird food combos, and you DELIVERED. To make the canned sardines less...mushy...I breaded each filet in cornstarch then fried them in peanut oil until golden and crispy. Research revealed mayo and peanut butter sandwich and cookies dipped in guacamole also made the cut — according to a survey of 2,000 Americans in California, Texas, New York, Hawaii and Florida. These are the best of the best—which is to say, these are also the worst of the worst. *) and celebrate all processed melty cheese products. Nearly half get a hankering for a specific food when their friends talk about a recent food experience, while a third get a specific craving when they’re extra stressed. After a couple of failed attempts at making mug cakes with Cheetos powder and chocolate milk, I turned to inspiration from one of my favorite Japanese snacks: chocolate covered corn puffs. Fifty-two percent of Americans say their cravings are brought on by watching food videos or some type of entertainment whether online or on TV. I mean, remove the conventional taste buds that you've been indoctrinated by and gaze upon how good this looks: To be completely honest, this combo really didn't need to be taken to new heights—it was pretty satisfying as is. It reminded me of something I grew up eating and cherishing—a sweet Taiwanese tinned fish called "Old Fisherman Roasted Eel"—so by the end of the tasting, I was fully amped to get cooking. 67,254, This story has been shared 64,516 times. One thing I decided could elevate this pairing was adding some sort of a crunchy texture into the mix. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, This Crock-Pot Turkey Breast Is Insanely Juicy, Instant Pot Short Ribs Make The Heartiest Dinner, How To Cook 8 Dinners For 2 On $25 In NYC. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. How did it taste? So I melted down some chocolate chips with coconut oil for a good melty consistency, then covered my various Cheetos in it. But *spoiler alert* this turned out to be the one I felt most lukewarm about. – Alesandra Solano Villalaz, Facebook. Pickles wrapped in cheese, popcorn with beans and ice cream on meatloaf are just a few of the surprising food combinations Americans said they love. And guess what? Some of these strange food combinations are pretty wild. •    Don't insult other visitors. Combo #1: Canned sardines with condensed milk. Cheap dressing balsamic is not the same. I, for one, adore cinnamon raisin bagels (maybe even more than I love an everything bagel *gasp!