I’m comforted because I … nach der Sommersonnenwende.[2]. The best vantage point to view the event, which he describes as "the greatest of the cosmos together with the greatest of our urban icons", is on Park Avenue and 34th Street, looking west, he says.

How to Get Started with Online Gambling in Norway. .css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link{color:inherit;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited{color:#696969;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited{-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link:hover,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited:hover,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link:focus,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited:focus{color:#B80000;-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:link::after,.css-1hlxxic-PromoLink:visited::after{content:'';position:absolute;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;left:0;z-index:2;}US election officials reject Trump's fraud claims. But for astronomers, it's something more - a chance to engage laymen and enthusiasts with the studies of the cosmos. VW says 'no forced labour' at Xinjiang plant, Fears grow for British man detained in Pakistan, The three Birmingham teenagers killed days apart. Mai) und um den 12. It's … Anfang Dezember und Anfang Januar fällt das Licht der aufgehenden Sonne in ähnlicher Weise durch die Straßenschluchten. Read about our approach to external linking. What Is 'Manhattanhenge?' "I don't even know how to articulate that feeling. Manhattanhenge is synonymous with summer in New York City for me. Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson coined the term Manhattanhenge in 1996, inspired by its likeness to Stonehenge, where the sun aligns with concentric circles of vertical stones on each of the solstices. Manhattanhenge, sometimes also referred to as Manhattan Solstice, is biannual natural event, wherein the sunset can be clearly visible from the east-west street of Manhattan’s grid in New York City.This could be said to be an urban version of Stonehenge, wherein the sun aligns itself with the stones of solstices. It is, according to Tyson, a unique and remarkable urban phenomenon of the world. The starry lockdown hit that's reinventing theatre, US and China's blame game over the environment, .css-orcmk8-HeadlineContainer{display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-webkit-box-pack:justify;-webkit-justify-content:space-between;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;}US election security officials reject Trump's fraud claims.css-1dedj2h-Rank{-webkit-align-self:center;-ms-flex-item-align:center;align-self:center;color:#B80000;margin-left:3.125rem;}1, US election: Obama says fraud claims undermining democracy2, Ethiopia's Tigray crisis: 'Civilians massacred', says Amnesty International3, Coronavirus: Too early for Christmas travel plans, European countries say4, Dominic Cummings to leave Downing Street by Christmas5, Google Photos abandons unlimited uploads amid storage changes6, China Muslims: Volkswagen says 'no forced labour' at Xinjiang plant7, Fears grow for British man detained in Pakistan-administered Kashmir8, Belgium expels Danish right-wing activists over plot to burn Koran10. In one area, I could go in the middle of the street and get the shot. VideoIs American democracy in crisis? The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.

On Wednesday night at 2025 local time (0125 BST), the east-west lying streets of the city's famous grid system neatly framed the setting sun, creating golden glows New Yorkers rarely see.

There's also the winter version, but that's sunrise.