Copyright 2018 - 2020 Blogging and Living. Get the latest news straight to your mailbox! Don't make relationships harder than they have to be, for crying out loud. That is particularly the case when they are openly against the setup or the choice of your partner. It is true that love conquers all but even close distance relationships feel the strain of everyday life as it is. Of course, with the right mindset, plenty of emotional preparation and lots of work throughout, long-distance relationships can and do work out. Intimacy is very important in a relationship. Meet the Next Presidential Pets, Major and Champ, Christian Serratos Is Speaking Selena's Language, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Long-distance relationships are a whole entity on their own when it comes to love and romance. With this information, you have all the ammo to fight and win the battle for your love. I've been through one. Your friendly introverted Hufflepuff – Slytherin hybrid lifestyle blogger! Plenty of regular non-long-distance relationships suffer because people are always on the go and don't take the time to actually get to know each other. No calling up on a whim and watching TV together or making dinner together or going on a spontaneous day trip or picnic. They may not attempt to put in the time for long distance date nights on Skype or Face time. Thanks for this, im doin LDR with this girl in the states, (I live in china) and its so hard not being able to see her, and this is gonna be very helpful for me, thank you. My name is Will, I’m a LDR survivor and I will teach you how to make the most out of your relationship, even if you are oceans apart. Intimacy is very important in a relationship. This site uses affiliate links and earns a commission from certain links. So enjoy and stay STRONG! From plane tickets and long-distance call rates to LDR birthday gift deliveries, the charges are more or less inevitable. Many times people won’t put in the effort to make a long distance relationship work. If you’re lucky enough to live in the same country, or even state, as your loved one then you may only have to buy a train or bus ticket to see them. Maybe you argue too much. Or do you freak out and blame each other, proposing theories like: "If you had just listened to me, this would have worked out." After all, you would never want being cheated upon by your love. Share this post on social media if you found it helpful. Hi there! Also, once the initial “love-struck” effect has worn off, talking on a webcam may begin to get quite boring. Unfaithful partners take advantage of this to hide their indiscretions. But what they can't be is battle-tested. reasons why long distance relationships don't work? This is because a long distance romance is tough and we all know it. Jeff G. 1 decade ago. And what can we do to make sure that our LDR ends up in the winning 18%? Do you work together as a team, and find the humor in it—jokingly blaming each other or playfully taking credit for solutions? It could be intentional as you feel the routine is monotonous and burdening. Some couples in today’s time serve the military services to the country and hence are forced to stay away from each other, while there are many others who live miles away due to their job requirements and just get time to meet each other once in a blue moon. I’ll cook dinner with the understanding that she does the dishes. We strongly advise against this notion. 7 Benefits of Gratitude That Will Remind You To Be Thankful Daily. Instead of devoting your entire life to dissecting the relationship, why not try personal growth by: When you are away from each other, then there is no way to find out what your partner is doing alone. Recently, I took over a project that was my boss was working on so that I would be able to attend a conference later in the year. The main reason for jealousy is suspicion. That is not the most important consideration. Marie Claire participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. LDRs ARE possible. To prevent this monotony from ruining your relationship, here are a few virtual date ideas and games you could try: Speaking of friends and family, they may be another reason why long-distance relationships fail. It is the main reason why most long distance relationships don't work. Long Distance Fun - Spice Up Your Long Distance Relationship! The crisis part of the theory states that you must go through crises together to understand how compatible you are. That way, if you are currently in one or considering entering one you know exactly what signs to pay attention to. © 2020 - LongDistanceFun. And, also, do you all agree or disagree with my Down Time-Crisis Theory? I don’t know about you, but I negotiate with my spouse all the time. The lack of support will weigh down on both of you and make you more and more detached. I have had quite a few great LDR with foreign men. If you do not want to accept the cookies, please modify the settings of your browser. I know I personally was okay with it when I was younger, but as I’ve gotten older… I feel like it would be pretty hard to have one because I like to actually be around the person IN person. The interaction with each other allows you to change together. We werent planning on getting married so soon but waiting and the distance was just too much. Thanks for subscribing! You can sign in to vote the answer. My husband and I tried that when I was in basic and AIT (Army) and it was very hard. but the trick is to stay in close contact with your significant other and know what the other is up to daily so that you have something new to talk about every day. Why don’t long distance relationships work? As a result, a large number of people seek online help to keep their relation strong, healthy and happy. Without your family ties, friends and love, life seems completely worthless. My name is Will and as a survivor of a successful 3 year-long international LDR, I'm excited to share with you my tips and techniques to have MORE FUN in your couple life despite the distance. Trust plays a big part in any relationship, but more so than ever in a long distance relationship. The argument can even be made that a great dinner or Broadway show makes your companion even more attractive. Remember that you should keep in close contact with your partner. Keep reading my blog for tons of information on a variety of topics! I have a boyfriend that can’t really speak english well (we both loved in Asia), so whenever we have an argument, i understand him very well when he’s got frustated and i respect his feelings, told him to explain it slowly. 8 Answers. Your email address will not be published. It’s not a real relationship. Long distance relationships can be difficult to maintain if there are an assortment of issues present. Without contest, poor communication takes the number one spot as the reason why long-distance relationships do not work out. So, based on my own experience, these are 7 reasons why long distance relationships don’t work out: When you’re in a relationship, it is important to communicate everything. Another relationship advice for long distance is never to keep a wait and observe mentality in your relationship. This can save you a lot of heartache down the line when you realize that you don’t want to be married when they tell you they do. Your email address will not be published. If you are not working on yourself as an individual in a long-distance relationship, it will most likely fail. In the end, the relationship crumbles, not because it is bad from the start, but you have influenced the outcome by your own preconceived notion that it will fail anyway. Note that by “long distance relationships,” I refer to the ones where there is no current possibility or any possibility in the near future that the two people involved will be living in the same area. There's certainly something achieved between two lovers when they can kiss, hug, hold each other and look into each other's eyes. Then it becomes a habit of constant forgetting about plans made and the relationship just doesn’t work out. LDRs CAN  work. However, it is a smart solution also to keep a check on the moves of your partners. This thinking lends credence to the idea that relationships gather strength during down time. Is it possible to love and hate someone at the same time? Here are some of the reasons why your long distance relationship won’t work… There are many positive things that come from going through distance, things that you might never feel if you had never gone through those tough times apart. | Dating Advice, 23 Fun Christmas Sweaters You’ll Love this Holiday Season, The Affordable Greenery Wedding Invitations Kit you need for your Wedding | Stationary, Get soft lips this Holiday season with Eco Lips Lip Balm – Review. Partaking in trust exercises and asking relationship building questions to get to know each other better can help build a solid foundation of trust. Trust in someone who has been through it themselves alongside millions of others, long distance relationships totally work. Some people just aren’t comfortable or okay with having a long distance relationship. The important thing is to communicate, work on yourself, and actively work towards moving your relationship forward. Such suspicions give rise to jealousy and fights that may prove to be fatal for your relation. I’ve been in situations where someone would want to date me, but they didn’t want to do a long distance relationship which would have been fine if they would have just been upfront about it. I have a lot of friends who are questioning whether their long distance relationships are worth the trouble. Not being honest about whether you can truly have a long distance relationship in the beginning. Below I will explain to you the top reasons why long distance relationships fail so often.