I have always wanted an ice cream maker but didn’t want to mess around with preplanning to have ice and salt on hand, or prefreezing a bowl. I gave it one star because it looks nice. Depending upon whom you ask, one of these three Whynter ice cream maker models is the best of the best in today’s market. Stainless Steel Ice Cream Scoop by Midnight Scoop - Ergonomic Ice Cream Scooper for... Musso Lussino 4080 Piccolo ice cream maker in stainless steel Made in Italy, Cuisinart ICE30BCU Ice Cream Maker - Silver, Cuisinart Style Collection Ice Cream and Dessert Maker | Homemade Ice Cream, Gelato, Sorbet, Frozen Yoghurt | Light Pistachio | ICE31U, Musso Mini Lussino 4080 Gourmet Ice Cream Maker – No Freezer Bowl Required - Enjoy Real Italian Gelato & Creamy Frozen Desserts Made Easily at Home – Just Add Healthy Ingredients – Automatic Shut Off. The best ice cream makers including electric, manual, and traditional salt-and-ice machines from brands like Cuisinart, Whynter, KitchenAid, Breville, and more. Round Bread Proofing Basket, Banneton Proving Basket 9 Inch with 6 Pack Baking Tool... AmazonBasics Set of 4 freezer boxes - 4x 0,75 l. Duronic Ice Cream Maker IM540 | Create Homemade Frozen Desserts like Gelato, Sorbet... iNeibo Kitchen 10 Pack Silicone Popsicle Mold -Ice Pop Mould, Ice Lolly Molds with ... Ice Cream Containers 1L, Set of 2, Ice Cream Tubs with Lids, Food-Grade BPA-Free, P... Masterproofing 8-inch Round Banneton Basket. I don't think you're supposed to put the pieces in the dishwasher, but it cleans up really easily by hand. Moreover, it serves as a motor drive, which automatically functions by switching off the machine which prevents the mixture turning solid. There are 0 reviews and 0 ratings from United Kingdom. The machine has an inbuilt timer that just functions in a single direction and has a 10-minute interval only which makes the control very basic so this could be worked upon. This Whynter ice cream maker is exclusively introduced to let you prepare ice creams with ease and comfort. Whynter ICM-201SB Upright Automatic Ice Cream Maker 2 Quart Capacity... Whynter ICM-201SB Upright Automatic Ice Cream Maker 2 Quart Capacity Built-in Compressor, no pre-freezing, LCD Digital Display, Timer, Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, 2.1. No need to scream for ice cream with this! I bought this as a Christmas present and we’ve used it several times and have enjoyed the results every time. Great machine so far! So if you think you can set it and walk away for 60 mins - forget it. It’s fun to be able to make a treat for friends and family on the spur of the moment. To further assist you with this matter, please contact our Consumer Support Team, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM PST at 1-866-WHYNTER (1-866-949-6837) and at support@whynter.com. Convenience: It has a removable mixing bowl that can be removed easily and this makes the cleaning of the machine easy. I also needed a smaller footprint so it’s nice that this maker comes in a vertical version, which is the one I got. Reviewed in the United States on July 9, 2019. I’ve owned several other machines for making ice cream including the KitchenAid mixer attachment...what a pain that was!! In about 30-40 minutes you have about 2 qts of perfect ice cream. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. It lists itself as 2.1 quart capacity, but the sweet spot seems to be if you use about a quart of base. Reviewed in the United States on February 24, 2019. It prepares delicious and luscious desserts within the timespan of 30-40 minutes. FancyClancy’s Long Scoop Insulated Ice Cream Container with Scoop - Freezer Storage... Latocos 9 Inch Proofing Basket Bread Proofing Basket with Linen Liner Cloth Bread L... Cuisinart Ice Cream and Gelato Maker | Makes Ice Cream, Gelato, Sorbet, Frozen Yoghurt | Stainless Steel | ICE100BCU, Sage BCI600UK the Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker - Silver, Duronic Ice Cream Maker IM540 | Create Homemade Frozen Desserts like Gelato, Sorbet and Frozen Yogurt | 540W | 1.5L Freezing Bowl | Make Delicious Creamy Ice Cream in Your Own Kitchen in 30 Minutes. Very bad customer service!!! I like the vertical height so it doesn't take up. Okay, this is pricier than your standard ice cream maker because this one has a compressor, meaning there’s no need for ice or freezing a bowl or even chilling the mixture. Cuisinart ICE-30BC Ice Cream Maker Review, Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream Maker Review, Best Home Ice Cream Machines – The Guru’s Top 5, Best Ice Cream Maker for Kids 2020 – Mom’s Picks 2020-2021, The Best Ice Cream Waffle Cone Maker – Our Top 6 for 2020, WhynterICM-15LS Automatic Ice Cream Maker Review, Best Home Ice Cream Machines – The Guru's Top 5, Best Ice Cream Maker for Kids 2020 - Mom's Picks 2020-2021, The Best Ice Cream Waffle Cone Maker - Our Top 6 for 2020, Donvier 837450 Manual Ice Cream Maker Review, Lello 4080 Musso Lussino Ice Cream Maker Review, Best Ice Cream Maker with Built in Freezer Reviews, Nostalgia ICMW400 Electrics Ice Cream Maker Review, Best Ice Cream Maker 2020: Top Brand Reviews & Tips 2020-2021. Built-in compressor: It consists of a reliable and powerful compressor that is already built inside the machine, which majorly ensures that users can use it consistently without any hurdles caused in pre-freezing the bowl. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. If I put in a quart of ice cream base at refrigerator temperature, it will be done in 30 minutes or so, quicker than anything else I've used. It is also much quieter than the Cusinart ice cream maker. Other than that I was utterly disappointed. Become an Ice Cream Making Guru with this Delicious Recipe Book! You can edit your question or post anyway. Unable to add item to List. Previous model was horizontal so it had a larger footprint on the countertop. While the presence of an auto shut off mechanism protects it from overheating. It consists of unique and superior features that customers are not likely to get in other budget ice cream makers. The Whynter ICM-15LS Automatic Ice Cream Maker is one of the most versatile ice cream makers on the market. I loved the ability to make several batches of ice cream in a day using the Whynter model. Coupled with this, it is also known for including a churn blade, built-in compressor, and removable bowl and other various features that make it feasible for you to use it effectively. You can make 1.5 quarts of ice-cream with this machine, which takes about 30-40 minutes. There was a problem completing your request. Avid ice-cream fans with no budget limit will appreciate this model. LCD timer control: This feature includes a timer, which is electronic, and a digital temperature display which ensures that the user does not need to wait hours for freezing. Reviewed in the United States on September 4, 2017. It is user-friendly with an inclusive capacity of 1.6 quarts and quicker cleaning. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Ice cream enthusiasts who wish to whip up desserts in their home and want a machine for a  reasonable price will find the WhynterICM-15LS Automatic Ice Cream Maker worthy of consideration. Reviewed in the United States on July 7, 2018, Great ice cream machine. to all others. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. It prepares delicious and luscious desserts within the timespan of 30-40 minutes. I’ve tried it twice and 30 mins into the process it stops churning. The removable bowl warms up very quickly so any ice cream that is placed on the side melts away enabling the user to clean it quickly. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. Fantastic-why didn't I start making homemade before now? There is no machine out there that will churn out an ice cream like that. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The multipurpose functions of this ice cream maker enables it to not only prepare ice cream but other frozen treats such as frozen yogurts, refreshing sherbets, fresh sorbets and Italian gelato. It replaces a rock-salt-and-electric motor maker, which worked okay but was a pain in the neck. Moreover, the timer is not very adjustable according to the needs of the users. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. IceCreamMakerGURU.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. The very best ice cream maker can change all that, though, helping you to create that perfect ice cream or sorbet flavour that you've been craving for so long. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. In contrast to the other models, this Whynter ice cream maker is structured as a self-reliant, free-standing frozen dessert machine that does not require the element of pre-freezing. It comes with a built-in freezing Compressor that keeps its temperature ideal for making all frozen desserts. This is a really nice ice cream maker. Cleans up easil and super easy to use. Instead of a high-pitched annoying WHIRRRRRRRR from a cheap motor, it's more of a smooth mechanical hum, like maybe a loud refrigerator, which is less disturbing. This newer model is build vertically so it sits on the counter corner without overwhelming the space. After much research on various ice cream machine models, I decided to splurge on the Whynter 2.1 Qt Compressor machine with stainless steel bowl. Reviewed in the United States on October 12, 2017. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. Cuisinart ICE-30BC Ice Cream Maker Review - Based on all reviews and technical specifications Cuisinart…, Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream Maker Review- You want to be able to make ice…, Cuisinart ICE-21 Ice Cream Maker Review - This Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker is currently ranked…. Additionally, this site participates in various other affiliate programs, and i sometimes get a commission through purchases made through my links. The machine worked 45 days, then it stopped working. I do not specifically market to children under 13. We have contacted the assistance several times and, instead of dealing with the substitution or repair, they have sent in two times, two emails where they indicated two different procedures to disassemble the machine and try to repair it by yourself, going to touch both the electrical part (what highly dangerous) than mechanical machinery. With a built in compressor to do the freezing and a reasonable price, this Whynter Ice Cream Maker was made for me! To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Three vanilla, 1 mint chip and 1 vanilla chocolate chip. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Amazon on the other hand....shame on you for allowing the machine to be shipped on its side! This page works best with JavaScript. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I purchased some great Sumo Ice Cream Storage containers that fit nicely in the freezer and are well insulated. The manufacturer commented on the review below. It includes a BPA free removable mixing bowl and churn blade, which makes it feasible for the user to wash it effortlessly leading to adequate and smooth cleanliness of the instrument and allowing trouble-free storage of the ice cream. I was expecting it to be really loud since it has the compressor in it, and while it isn't whisper-quiet, it's actually quieter than my old rock salt maker, and probably the freezable base ones as well. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness.